Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

My Dad writes in a stream of consciousness, in text speak, with zero punctuation and often with no spaces
It's like the fucking DaVinci code sometimes

My late aunt, I loved her dearly, almost a second mother to me, developed her own totally idiosyncratic text speak that no one could decipher.

She was also a terrible cheapskate. After she texted you'd almost always have to call her to find out what she wanted. Which I suspect may have been the point.

My dad's gone off traveling for the next few months, possible indefinitely.
The last time I heard from him was October 12th and he was in Thailand. I'm fairly sure he's ok though as my cousin said he saw him in Australia.
That's fine I'm glad he's having a nice time, the shit part is that now I'm the person in the family that has to do freakin everything; paperwork, sorting out hospital appointments, paying the bills on time... all from Tipperary.
Also my Mum's headstone is finally finished, only took 2 years.
It needs to be inscribed but I can't get through to my Dad, so I dont know what he wants. His exact words were "maybe something Egypt-ish! WTF??
The other's want something about her being like sunshine, or a maybe "Screw this, I'm going back to sleep" (I said that one as a joke, and it's kinda stuck).
It's probably going to be my dad's grave too, so I need something to say about both of them.

I got all panicked about death and ended up in a Solicitors yesterday getting a Will made, and now I can't find anything that I can wear in my coffin if I died soon. Everything looks too casual, or too clubby. I might actually have to go out and buy something, just incase.

I realise I sound nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back