Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

No, it's actually not because sitting alone means you're a drunk slut and up for anything. The last time I sat alone, I actually gave my number to a 'nice' guy who then proceeded to text me two minutes after I left the pub begging me to come back and make out with him. Really? Woman can't sit alone, nice guys are afraid to approach so we're left with douchebags with large egos. Sometimes one just wants to have a drink other than in their own home to be reminded people still exist. Pleasant conversation with no motive, hard to come by unless you're 60+. Old man pubs rule.

That makes sense although I'm surprised 60+ men aren't all making the move as well though.

Men are dreadful like that, god bless us.

That makes sense although I'm surprised 60+ men aren't all making the move as well though.

Men are dreadful like that, god bless us.

Well, they might be but it seems less offensive or maybe they are just smoother. Don't get me wrong, I'll talk to anyone who talks to me but most of the time it's pretty apparent who the douchebags are.

No, it's actually not because sitting alone means you're a drunk slut and up for anything. The last time I sat alone, I actually gave my number to a 'nice' guy who then proceeded to text me two minutes after I left the pub begging me to come back and make out with him. Really? Woman can't sit alone, nice guys are afraid to approach so we're left with douchebags with large egos. Sometimes one just wants to have a drink other than in their own home to be reminded people still exist. Pleasant conversation with no motive, hard to come by unless you're 60+. Old man pubs rule.

HA what a fucking douchebag. I wait at least 10 minutes.

I was reading my book at the bar recently and some other lad was next to me reading his, and then on the other side of me two lads started muttering and cursing our behaviour. He wouldn't look at me when I turned around to discuss the issue. The other night I went to have a read but I couldn't concentrate due to all the chattering.

At the bar expect chatter, whereas table reading is more isolated? Isn't the point of sitting at the bar to interact with the bar man, people buying drinks and locals during slow hours? I like to sit at the bar and listen in on conversations. I jot down ideas, write letters home and doodle all which can be easily interrupted. Okay, off to the pub. I'll report back on any good stories.

the responsibility seems to be entirely on the men to approach the women there.

you absolute raging sexist.

i'm guessing you have smartphone/dictaphone in your hand by your posting of this.

That's probably true. How do you record sound with an iphone? I'll look into it when sober. My compliant now is being blanked by Lili Marline while drunkly buying m&ms and crisp a few minutes ago. Why is it I only meet people who talk about crop circles? Not as a joke, like.

That's probably true. How do you record sound with an iphone? I'll look into it when sober. My compliant now is being blanked by Lili Marline while drunkly buying m&ms and crisp a few minutes ago. Why is it I only meet people who talk about crop circles? Not as a joke, like.

probably a soundcloud app or similar.

some of them are so good the record from a few seconds before you press record.

I only arrived in dublin now and expect i've missed the drinking boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back