Minor complaints thread (2 Viewers)

Was in Dakota earlier, meeting my Mam and bro for a bite to eat.

I ordered a salad, and I asked for some bread with it. The girl looks at me and says "bread??", like I asked for chocolate cake. Yeah, I said. And she goes, "are you sure - bread? We'll have to charge you". "That grand" I said - I ordered the salad right? (thinking one of us was getting mixed up). That was grand. She finished the order and walked off looking totally bemused.

Anyway, the bread I got was a sliced, slightly toasted, white roll (probably stale from earlier) but I let it go and didn't question it. They could have just said, they had no bread.

My brother, had ordered a pasta dish with Feta cheese and butternut squash. It was placed in front of him without a word. He was poking through it and said to us "where's the feta cheese"? There was none. He called the girl and she had a "whats the problem now" expression. He said there's no feta cheese. She looked at it and said are you sure? There it is there (pointing at the squash). The bro was just lookin' at her, and says calmly, no, no its not, would you mind asking?. And she goes off to check with the kitchen. She returns and says they are actually all out of cheese, "but to be fair.... we won't charge you for the bread!". He wasn't even eating the bread, I was! The Feta was the main ingredient and leaving it out, without saying a word was a bit strange.

She walks off, leaving us looking at each other, going.. but, but, what?

He decided not to eat it, but didn't want to call her back. So I brought it over to the girl and said, look, sorry, can you take this back, its not what he ordered. And she goes, "but we're not charging you for the bread". And I went, "still-and-all, its not what he ordered, and he'd rather not have it". She's looking at me like I'm acting like a 4 year old.

She wasn't being rude or anything, just questioning and slightly impatient. But how mad is that?

Sorry, long post, when I could just have said, went to Dakota. Poor service.

I ordered a salad, and I asked for some bread with it. The girl looks at me and says "bread??", like I asked for chocolate cake. Yeah, I said. And she goes, "are you sure - bread? We'll have to charge you". "That grand" I said - I ordered the salad right? (thinking one of us was getting mixed up). That was grand. She finished the order and walked off looking totally bemused.

Anyway, the bread I got was a sliced, slightly toasted, white roll (probably stale from earlier) but I let it go and didn't question it. They could have just said, they had no bread.

My brother, had ordered a pasta dish with Feta cheese and butternut squash. It was placed in front of him without a word. He was poking through it and said to us "where's the feta cheese"? There was none. He called the girl and she had a "whats the problem now" expression. He said there's no feta cheese. She looked at it and said are you sure? There it is there (pointing at the squash). The bro was just lookin' at her, and says calmly, no, no its not, would you mind asking?. And she goes off to check with the kitchen. She returns and says they are actually all out of cheese, "but to be fair.... we won't charge you for the bread!". He wasn't even eating the bread, I was! The Feta was the main ingredient and leaving it out, without saying a word was a bit strange.

He decided not to eat it, but didn't want to call her back. So I brought it over to the girl and said, look, sorry, can you take this back, its not what he ordered. And she goes, "but we're not charging you for the bread". And I went, "still-and-all, its not what he ordered, and he'd rather not have it". She's looking at me like I'm acting like a 4 year old.

She wasn't being rude or anything, just questioning and slightly impatient. But how mad is that?

Dakota is a restaurant in Dublin right ?

Not the state in America like ? I was confused as fuck reading that.

Dakota is a restaurant in Dublin right ?

Not the state in America like ? I was confused as fuck reading that.

Yeah, Dublin unfortunately.

Not here sadly

20090926-custer-184.jpg

What kind of chef sends out a vegetarian dish with the main protein missing? Did he/she think you wouldn't notice? And the waitress for not even recognising it, you can't really use the 'oh, it's melted in' excuse with feta cheese.

Her compassion for comping the bread wants me want to know how much she was gonna charge for it.

What kind of chef sends out a vegetarian dish with the main protein missing? Did he/she think you wouldn't notice? And the waitress for not even recognising it, you can't really use the 'oh, it's melted in' excuse with feta cheese.

Her compassion for comping the bread wants me want to know how much she was gonna charge for it.

Same here! I couldn't get over the Feta thing especially. I think she might have been new and the kitchen were just letting her face the music herself, instead of briefing her. She actually had no idea that the cheese was absent, and was acting like he was mistaken. He didn't eat it, and didn't bother with anything else as he is vegetarian and there was no other options. They didn't charge us for the "bread" either in the end.

Is it weird to ask for bread with a salad?

The clock will start ticking again on Fox's real-time thriller 24.
The network on Monday confirmed plans to restart the action thriller, which starred Kiefer Sutherland as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer and ended its eight-season run in 2010.
The new season, one of two "limited series" Fox plans for 2014, will be compressed into 12 weeks and premiere next May, says Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. "We'll go in chronological order with the hours of the day, but we'll skip some hours," he says.

WHY BOTHER

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wish to go for a ramble and to take in a trip to the supermarket and possibly fit in a quiet mid-afternoon pint somewhere but it is raining and I have no hat, hood or umbrella with me.

moving out of my flat at the end of may, been so busy in work that i haven't had time to find a new place to live and i go on holiday next tuesday so i'm homeless when i get back : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back