Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

is undertaking not mad illegal unless they are turning right anyways?

Sure is. You can also undertake if there are two or more lanes, you're on the inside lane and happen to be going faster then the person in the outside lane. You'll find this happens a lot in Ireland but not as much in the UK.

We're shit at diving on motorways and speed limits in Ireland in general, everyone believes they're Judge Dread of the road and trys to set the speed limit for everyone no matter what. Very annoying

If the limit is 80 do 80 (if the weather and conditions allow of course)

Not like the fucker alternating between 20 and 30 this morning

Seriously, if you are afraid or unable to drive at speed then maybe the car is not for you

no its not, thats the voice of frustration.

also, re any drivers over 30 - once you hit 30 your reaction times reduce annually till death, so you should actually be paring off your speed and driving distance accordingly.

yeah but the preceding bit :

Signed speed limits set the maximum speed at which vehicles may legally travel on a section of road between speed limit signs, assuming the vehicles are not restricted in any way.

Iread that as 'If it is safe do so then drive at(and do not exceed) the speed limit, if not don't'

yeah because if you treat it as a target regardless of conditions, then you will risk life and limb careening around a mountain track in a blizzard and think..'hmmm, I feel like I am about to die but the department of transport must know what they're doing, so who am I to argue..... aiieeeeee...'

I'm not a speed freak, I just hate unnecessarily slow drivers..back to the point of 'pull the fuck over Miss ..Fucking.. Daisy'

I'm constantly amazed when I drive in Donegal as a car full of young fellas hurtles by at terrifying speed on back roads with blind corners

then not so amazed when I hear yet another car full of young fellas crashed into a wall in Donegal

did anyone here, in the lessons and doing their test, ever have to drive above 60kph?? i'm pretty sure i got through all my lessons and tests without going any faster than that.

My test was around the town of Naas so I don't think so. I took lessons though on normal roads so yes, I would definitely have reached 80. My instructor was a stickler for 'making progress'

That's a big failure in the testing system...you're not allowed on a motorway until you pass the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
  • rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back