Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

I love going on holidays but I can't stand reading guide books, researching places go, see, stay etc, making plans, all that shit.

Planning my holidays has helped me get through the winter. I've spent weeks on Google maps drawing lines along our route, calculating driving distances and adding placemarks.

No, I don't have anything better to do.

Planning my holidays has helped me get through the winter. I've spent weeks on Google maps drawing lines along our route, calculating driving distances and adding placemarks.

No, I don't have anything better to do.

I'm going to Perpignan in april - arrive 17th and return on 21st - could you please draw up an itinerary for me thanks

Someone in the office is eating something that smells exactly like the stuff we feed the dogs

Whereabouts are you going? Marseilles is a bit of a kip and I passed through Nice on the train once so its time to see somewhere new. France has some awful shithole towns.

St. Malo, Nantes, La Rochelle, Bordeaux and a few other places south of there. I was hoping to get to the mediterranean, hence the research, but there just seemed to be too much driving involved. Perpignan actually does look good but if I was going to get that far, I would have preferred Nice.

I'm not mad about that cote d'azur coastal region - cannes, nice, monaco. its all rich people and poor people and shite built up cities. I should know - I passed through Nice on the train 14 years ago. I spent a few nights sleeping on the beach and in garages in Cannes too. Kip. Hotel lawns are shite for sleeping on - sprinklers.

Go here instead http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/panorama_du_pyla It's near the Arcachon Basin, not far from Bordeaux (my favourite French city), cheap and has a fantistic restaurant on site. (And swimming pools etc.)

Or, if you can't go there just go to Bordeaux and eat 2 meals a day in this place (unless you're a vegetarian). Amazing food, great wine and sumptious desserts and cheap as chips!

Go here instead http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/panorama_du_pyla It's near the Arcachon Basin, not far from Bordeaux (my favourite French city), cheap and has a fantistic restaurant on site. (And swimming pools etc.)

Or, if you can't go there just go to Bordeaux and eat 2 meals a day in this place (unless you're a vegetarian). Amazing food, great wine and sumptious desserts and cheap as chips!

We're going to Arcachon too! Thanks for the campsite link, we haven't sorted anywhere to stay there yet :) Will try the Bordeaux restaurant if they serve fish.

I'll have to open an old France thread, I'm interrupting all the complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back