Minor complaints thread (13 Viewers)

I'd say he's in a minority of trowel wielders these days.

Sigh. I went to Pilates for the first time in 8 weeks on Wednesday. The usual lady was off and had been replaced by a sadist. Agonising.
Could barely walk yesterday. Worse today. Hip fooked.
Still, at least this thread is back open. It's probably the most successful thing I've started in my lifetime.

The walk into town from my house isn't up to much - rathgar road, rathmines road, camden st, aungier st and the back again. I just did there again. its just one big long straight line and varying it means making it longer and i definitely dont want to do that. It reminds of limerick when my life was spent up and down o'connell st/ave and or henry st.

The walk into town from my house isn't up to much - rathgar road, rathmines road, camden st, aungier st and the back again. I just did there again. its just one big long straight line and varying it means making it longer and i definitely dont want to do that. It reminds of limerick when my life was spent up and down o'connell st/ave and or henry st.

I love the walk from Rathgar to Rathmines, with the town hall /clock tower type building visible over the rooftops (I think it's Rathmines College - not sure). It always makes me think of Nick Drake's At The Chime Of A City Clock. Rathmines itself is dull, but then you've got the swans on the canal. I quite like Camden and Wicklow Streets. There's something dingy and decrepit about them. Not a great walk coming back in the evenings with all the stressed out types doing their powerwalks.

Are you on the Dublin bikes scheme? It's really good and a snip at a tenner a year. Would half your journey.

Having to print out the police alphabet in order to communicate with IT helpdesk. I was spelling my username and got as far as S for Sausage, A for Apple, then I was supposed to say V for Velcro but I now had Sausage in my head so I said U for Umbrella.... so we had to start again.

town hall /clock tower type building visible over the rooftops (I think it's Rathmines College - not sure).

yep, I repeated my leaving there. There were 3 or 4 repeat classes that were almost empty after a month when everyone left, and two fifth and sixth year classes made up of people who were expelled from other schools. You'd expect it to be a bit of a madhouse but it wasn't really. Respect for the clock I reckon

I love the walk from Rathgar to Rathmines, with the town hall /clock tower type building visible over the rooftops (I think it's Rathmines College - not sure). It always makes me think of Nick Drake's At The Chime Of A City Clock. Rathmines itself is dull, but then you've got the swans on the canal. I quite like Camden and Wicklow Streets. There's something dingy and decrepit about them. Not a great walk coming back in the evenings with all the stressed out types doing their powerwalks.

Are you on the Dublin bikes scheme? It's really good and a snip at a tenner a year. Would half your journey.

The tower certain looks better from a bit of a distance than it does with the rest of rathmines up close spoiling everything. The last thing I ever want is to be reminded of nick drake. It only takes me 10 minutes to get as far as rathmines but it feels like about 45 minutes because its just that straight stretch and you can see the whole way down all the time. Rathmines is a kip, all the decent shops are gone. camden street and wexford street are charming enough but they're just more long straightness to be walked when your aim is to get to town. then you have aungier street which is alright sometimes, i like that shabby dilapidated area around the DIT. Luckily this is not a route i take daily, once or twice a week maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back