Minor complaints thread (3 Viewers)

Hating Apple is another criteria of mine!
I was one those folks who took the piss out of Steve Jobs dying and think the attention their product launches get is bizarre (esp. when Jobs wasn't dead yet) a phone is just a phone in my head.
Other issues too but that's enough.

Anyway that phone is a yardstick to compare to other phones. Cheers.

When I go to a gig in Dublin I am often gone away for 14 hours and the battery issue is just that I want the phone to be still charged when I get home.
I am going to guess big phones being so clunky has something to do with battery size too?
don't think so. I'd say its more to do with the screen size. Batteries are pretty tiny these days.

My experience with Redmi was that the battery life was great. With Oppo, not so good, but it does have ultra-fast charge, where you can get the battery to full charge in around 10 minutes.

don't think so. I'd say its more to do with the screen size. Batteries are pretty tiny these days.

My experience with Redmi was that the battery life was great. With Oppo, not so good, but it does have ultra-fast charge, where you can get the battery to full charge in around 10 minutes.
my big thing with phones is - don't spend much on 'em in case they get lost or broken.

so after doing an hour of research, the 2022 100 Euro Xiaomi Redmi has 5000 mAh - which I now understand is excellent in terms of staying charged for a long time.

The smaller 2017 Samsung J330 I got as a cheap replacement is only 2400 mAh which tallies exactly with my experience of it running down in half the time.

there are far less options as far as small phones go.
A 2023 iphone SE has 3800 mAh. so size seems to be a bit of a factor...

also small phones aren't that cheap (by my miserly budget)

so what I am gonna do?
I think I will just get another Xiaomi Redmi 1A.
they tick my boxes on everything except I know it will get broken sooner or later but for 120... fuck it - if breaks it breaks.
what was I complaining about?!

I was clueless on this stuff so any info on this thread helped - cheers to all.

What's the insurance situation over there? I paid 20 quid a year and pretty much every year I got an upgraded phone for an additional 20 quid. I let it lapse like a dickhead.

What's the insurance situation over there? I paid 20 quid a year and pretty much every year I got an upgraded phone for an additional 20 quid. I let it lapse like a dickhead.
I haven't had phone insurance for years. Used to pay 5 euro a month along with my monthly bill. Paid it for a few years without needing it. Then a phone smashed on me so I tried to cash in with the insurance. They tried everything they could to get me out of claiming. I wouldn't back down and eventually got a new phone out of them. It put me off ever wanting to go through the hassle again so now I just take my chances.

Wow, the dude in the shop told me I could literally walk back into the shop in 12 months and smash the phone on the counter in front of him and he'd get me a new one for a twenski.

he'd clearly like you to believe that. job done, he's sold insurance and met a sales target.

i would be curious to see the reaction of the person who's working in the shop in a year's time, were you to smash a phone in front of them. because that lad probably won't be there. read the policy; does it mention intentional damage?

I haven't had phone insurance for years. Used to pay 5 euro a month along with my monthly bill. Paid it for a few years without needing it. Then a phone smashed on me so I tried to cash in with the insurance. They tried everything they could to get me out of claiming. I wouldn't back down and eventually got a new phone out of them. It put me off ever wanting to go through the hassle again so now I just take my chances.
I'm allowed two replacement phones every year, and I think I'm on my 4th smash in 2023
I'm not uncareful - just constantly outside and moving

Pretty sure my account is flagged with the provider

he'd clearly like you to believe that. job done, he's sold insurance and met a sales target.

i would be curious to see the reaction of the person who's working in the shop in a year's time, were you to smash a phone in front of them. because that lad probably won't be there. read the policy; does it mention intentional damage?

I'd feel bad for him if he was still behind that counter 12 months hence alright. I've seen the real life documentary "Phone Shop".

But I did get three or four phones over two or three years. Always an upgraded version of what I had. Never a problem.

Once it starts getting slow I am moving on. Even if it requires using savings. Never living through that again.

Once it starts getting slow I am moving on. Even if it requires using savings. Never living through that again.

I keep mine until the USB port starts to act the bollocks. I have to drive to places for work a lot and when I got my last motor I sprang for the intergrated for the phone touchscreen yoke, I'm heavily reliant on the maps app

I'd a phone so bad on battery once I'd only turn it on to make phonecalls or check messages for about an hour a day. I used it to navigate over 400km of spanish wilderness using a few screengrabs and airplane mode, keeping it's supposed 50% in case i needed to phone an ambulance.

We are here

i spent 45 minutes in a chat (more a briefing) with a german colleague today, who is considering buying a secondhand porsche for about €110k to €120k. it went into the stitching on the seats at one point. same chap who has the eyewateringly expensive hi-fi. he needs a girlfriend.

i spent 45 minutes in a chat (more a briefing) with a german colleague today, who is considering buying a secondhand porsche for about €110k to €120k. it went into the stitching on the seats at one point. same chap who has the eyewateringly expensive hi-fi. he needs a girlfriend.

if he fancies being a Medici-esque patron of the arts any time you can let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back