Minor complaints thread (3 Viewers)

I had a Xiaomi redmi 9 and it was deadly. one-third of the price of the big brands with way more juice

I've since moved to the Oppo find. Even more juice again. The fastest and best phone I've ever owned and its way better spec'd than apple or similar bollox

How does it feel to be a Chinese spy?

After years of buying cheap to midrange phones that always ended up driving me mad, i bought a pixel 7 last year and I'm happy with it. The fingerprint scan is a bit crap, but compared to what i was used to it's nice and fast.

iphone 11 for work. which is fast and all, but it's for work. so i hate it.

aiming to stick with google stuff now because i am sick of thinking about things or having to research anything.

i have a pixel 6 pro. one of the handy things about google phones is you don't have the bloatware on them; where samsung or whoever decide 'oh, instead of using the perfectly good photo album google have provided, here's one with less functionality we've set as default instead'.

After years of buying cheap to midrange phones that always ended up driving me mad, i bought a pixel 7 last year and I'm happy with it. The fingerprint scan is a bit crap, but compared to what i was used to it's nice and fast.

aiming to stick with google stuff now because i am sick of thinking about things or having to research anything.
I have an iphone SE for work and it is pure wank

I was recommended a Google phone by my techy mate. The most androidy android can be, no bs.

Apple can gtfo.
This all day

I smashed my Pixel 6a in a fall at the weekend
Had to use the iPhone and not a fan at all

Got my 6a back and I am right as rain

Sidenote - they are really building these fucking things.
Like I took it swimming before (by accident) and it was fine(!???!!!) afterwards

All 90kg of me landed on this thing on Sunday and destroyed the screen - the phone is still 100% itself
The lad swapped out the screen yesterday

Unbelievable this day and age we live in

Can anyone recommend a small size phone (about 7 × 14 cm or smaller) for less than 200 Euro than has a long lasting battery? i.e. I could watch for 10 Youtube for plus hours.

Any suggestions welcome!

I had a 100 Euro Xiaomi phone which was great for the money but being a clumsy prick the big size of the screen (7.5 x 16.5) it got a lot of cracks on the screen after a year after being dropped a few times.

Small phones are more my scene - never smashed any of them.

I am using 6 year old Samsung at the moment and the battery is only half as good as the Xiaomi was.

Can anyone recommend a small size phone (about 7 × 14 cm or smaller) for less than 200 Euro than has a long lasting battery? i.e. I could watch for 10 Youtube for plus hours.

Any suggestions welcome!

I had a 100 Euro Xiaomi phone which was great for the money but being a clumsy prick the big size of the screen (7.5 x 16.5) it got a lot of cracks on the screen after a year after being dropped a few times.

Small phones are more my scene - never smashed any of them.

I am using 6 year old Samsung at the moment and the battery is only half as good as the Xiaomi was.
iphone SE. I don't like it because its small, but thats what you're looking for, so...

battery is fine, though I don't do a whole lot on it. I charge it about once a week as is.

refurbed ones are coming in at less than 200

I got a pixel 7 recently and I like it but the camera it's weird. I think it uses AI to make the photos look great and they do look great but they look nothing like what stuff looked like in reality.

Back to complaints. I took a flight Saturday morning with a stop over but missed the connection and had loads of hassle sorting it out. Instead of arriving at my destination Saturday afternoon I arrived Monday morning at 4.30am and my luggage is still missing

Back to complaints. I took a flight Saturday morning with a stop over but missed the connection and had loads of hassle sorting it out. Instead of arriving at my destination Saturday afternoon I arrived Monday morning at 4.30am and my luggage is still missing
Oh fucking hell, that's a nightmare

Which airline?

It started out klm, finished up with Turkish. There was fog in Amsterdam which caused everything to run late and there was bedlam as people tried to rearrange missed connections - klm responded by shutting down all their service Desks and disappearing

I got it charged, but in that fiddly twiddly way that takes ages and is unreliable. New phone is on the cards. As I and others have said earlier a pixel might be the way to go, because no bloatware.

I made a promise to try to avoid cheap Chinese shit a couple of years ago. An impossible promise, but it is a consideration.

When you go to Aldi and the cashiers have those headsets on and are yammering away to someone in another part of the shop. Just sets my nerves on edge a bit.

iphone SE. I don't like it because its small, but thats what you're looking for, so...

battery is fine, though I don't do a whole lot on it. I charge it about once a week as is.

refurbed ones are coming in at less than 200
Hating Apple is another criteria of mine!
I was one those folks who took the piss out of Steve Jobs dying and think the attention their product launches get is bizarre (esp. when Jobs wasn't dead yet) a phone is just a phone in my head.
Other issues too but that's enough.

Anyway that phone is a yardstick to compare to other phones. Cheers.

When I go to a gig in Dublin I am often gone away for 14 hours and the battery issue is just that I want the phone to be still charged when I get home.
I am going to guess big phones being so clunky has something to do with battery size too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back