Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

I did some work for a guy. He made a big deal of "Invoice me, I'll pay you next working day". Which is cool. Some people lean on the trade quite a lot.

First invoice, he didn't see my Unique Tax Reference on the invoice. It's there.
He tried again. Payment didn't go through.
Then I noticed that my bank details are wrong on the invoice. The last people I invoiced always paid cash, so I hadn't noticed that my bank details were about two years out of date. My fault.

Anyway, this whole thing of "Invoice me, I'll pay you next working day" has turned into a mess of WhatsApp messages and emails and all that. And it's after midnight, so if I do eventually get paid, it'll be Monday. Again my fault. If I was a crack addict I'd be really upset.

And I deal with that by typing a bunch of shite on the internet.

Always loved Inzamam Ul-Haq playing for Pakistan
I can remember most of the Pakistan team that won the 1992 World Cup which was on during Ramadan:

Mustag (sic) Ahmed aka 'Mushy'. little spin blower and lovely smiley gentleman.

Waqar Unis aka 'Toe Crusher'. fastest bowler in the World 30 years ago. quiet no fuss destroyer.
EDIT 2: didn't actually play in the final...

Wasim Akram - another all time great fast bowler. Tall, unusually lambouyant Pakistani lad, great hair.

Iman Kahn. wealthy Oxbridge educated, less than devout Muslim despite his claims to the contrary. one the great all rounders of the 80's along w/ his enemy Botham, R.Hadlee and Kapil Dev.

Ramiz Raja - middle order batsman. yet another good looking lad. total gent with beautiful speaking voice, now an English language commentator.

I am stuck on the name of the 1992 veteran opening batsman with the 'tache. another legend like Imran he went out on a high. EDIT: JAVED MIANDAD. he actually only retired from the national team in 1996.
he scored 58 in the final.

Inzaman Ul Haq - back in 1992 'Inzi' was a young freshly shaven faced relative unknown. in the semi in Auckland NZ posted a big total and Pakistan were in trouble but the youngster Inzi made his name and placed a starring role in the run chase and held his place for the final victory over England.
later he captained the national team for years and made big beards hip.

I've very rarely watched cricket for nearly a decade to be honest.
the last top player from my generation to go was Sangakkara. anyone more recent I am clueless on.

if I ever get a scam phonecall from India I am going to tell them my name is SHAHID AFRIDI.
the Afridi lad playing for Pakistan currently, is engaged to Shahid's daughter.

Last edited:
on spindizzy records Instagram I just saw a new Achtung Baby reissue is over 40 notes. Obviously not an issue with the shop, and no interest in the release but the price of LPs these days is getting so stupid and exploitative. Has been for a while but very much becoming a bit extreme price wise now

on spindizzy records Instagram I just saw a new Achtung Baby reissue is over 40 notes. Obviously not an issue with the shop, and no interest in the release but the price of LPs these days is getting so stupid and exploitative. Has been for a while but very much becoming a bit extreme price wise now
I've never paid that for any LP but I do see some weird stuff happening in shops -
e.g. 30 plus euros for Rumors which you could get used for 5 Euro in the 2000's.
Most LPs I buy cost less than 20 Euro and the ones I've bought for over 25 are very few out maybe 700.

until the last few years I had very strict limits on what I would pay for records though.

Yerra we have to do a multiple hour yoke about how it's unacceptable to give lovely girl's air-ses a bit of an aul shlap on the way past like, every year.
With the interactive jobbies you can normally hurry them along at various points.

Yerra we have to do a multiple hour yoke about how it's unacceptable to give lovely girl's air-ses a bit of an aul shlap on the way past like, every year.
With the interactive jobbies you can normally hurry them along at various points.

I've seen a big security overreach on a these in the past few months, there was one where I had to allow them to turn on my laptop camera to verify that it was me who was doing the course/induction and that I was present and attentive to it the whole time.

I've seen a big security overreach on a these in the past few months, there was one where I had to allow them to turn on my laptop camera to verify that it was me who was doing the course/induction and that I was present and attentive to it the whole time.
Fuuuck that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back