midlake appreciation thread (5 Viewers)

that tattoo sounds like a brilliant idea. they are the sweetest people you'll ever meet, aren't they?

god i wish i'd been at this in dublin, it just don't know if it'll be the same here, they're not as big. just over a week to go though, hurrah!

They thanked people for turning up saying it was a 'big crowd for them', referring more to the size of the crowd (even though it didn't feel that packed to me). They seemed a little uptight and nervous at first but really got into it before too long. The banter with the crowd was good which helped them settle and which got the crowd going.

After playing 'Roscoe' Tim said something along the lines of, 'you liked that one didn't you. If only we had 20 songs like Roscoe. It doesn't come that easy though'. At the encore some girl asked them to play 10 more songs. Tim offered to play 'Roscoe' 20 times in a row but sadly didn't.

Incidently, someone called for them to play a song called 'Rollerskate'. They were shocked at that wondering how they even knew of the song and that they hadn't played it in about 6 years. Anyone know anything about that song? Had they early EPs or even singles that didn't make it onto the albums?

Heres hoping they come back again soon.

Well I better get that tattoo so.....!

They had an E.P. called Milkmaid GrandArmy that came out in 2001. That's got rollerskate on it along with 6 other songs. It can be found on Soulseek though I have heard that it's wrong and illegal to use this....

Though if something is long out of print surely it's ok?

Oh and tim said something about aiming to come back in April.....

And I was also delighted to hear their sound guy play a track by Pilot after they finished. Genius ,but completely forgotten about, 70's pop!

midlake have announced some european dates, but sadly nothing in Dublin (or anywhere in Ireland for that matter). I wonder if theres still a chance they might play here again. Failing that I reckon it'll have to be a cheap ryanair flight to aarhus or somewhere like that to see them.

midlake have announced some european dates, but sadly nothing in Dublin (or anywhere in Ireland for that matter). I wonder if theres still a chance they might play here again. Failing that I reckon it'll have to be a cheap ryanair flight to aarhus or somewhere like that to see them.
But at the gig they said they'd be back in April!!!
They prolly say that to all their audiences.
I feel so used. Dirty and used.
feels kinda nice.

Damn I wish they'd come back!!!!!

hmmm this thread is very GUSHY chaps

it is a chocolate box fireside afternoon nap album
but you know so is 'on the threshold of a dream'
and although i rate the deram wonder higher, both make you wish you live in a forest, which is a comendable thing

i didn't go to the midlake show because i didn't want to share the undergrowth with the 'wooh' sayers or the feet shufflers or the remark makers...and i don't regret it

hmmm this thread is very GUSHY chaps

it is a chocolate box fireside afternoon nap album
but you know so is 'on the threshold of a dream'
and although i rate the deram wonder higher, both make you wish you live in a forest, which is a comendable thing

i didn't go to the midlake show because i didn't want to share the undergrowth with the 'wooh' sayers or the feet shufflers or the remark makers...and i don't regret it

Eh?

Maybe if you had gone it would have boosted the numbers enough to make it worthwhile for them to come back.

unless (the thought just occurred to me) they're gonna save up their next Irish appearance for one of them festival yokes. I hate it when bands do that. On the other hand, its not that unusual for a band to announce a tour, only to add in the Irish dates afterwards....is it?

I don't want midlake to come here.....I NEED them to come here.

and to that person who was talking shite, BOOOOOOOO!!

Not sure what you're getting at Bear (spell it out!!) but you missed a good thing by not going to the gig; and i really hope they come back.
If we're gushing (which i disagree with), it's only because they're great and we care!!

i really like midlake [but without zeal]
though i personally feel they are derivative [check rhiannon V roscoe; or zenith moody blues on deram]
i did not go to gig, not wanting a communal midlake experience

end of

there was a big midlake love-in. It was great. Even better from where I stood cos there was 2 really hot blonde chicks in front of me.

But better not mention too much about it. You-Know-Who organised gig. We're probably gonna get this thread locked otherwise.

thank god for that. I think I'd have topped myself if they swung by this neck of the woods without an Irish show again.

Vicar St is a little ambitious though, no? Considering they haven't released anything since that half-full show in the Village a few years ago.

Maybe they'll be to 2010 what Grizzly Bear were to 2009 and Fleet Foxes to 2008.

thank god for that. I think I'd have topped myself if they swung by this neck of the woods without an Irish show again.

Vicar St is a little ambitious though, no? Considering they haven't released anything since that half-full show in the Village a few years ago.

Maybe they'll be to 2010 what Grizzly Bear were to 2009 and Fleet Foxes to 2008.

I thought it strange too. And €23. Last time was about half that price and about 50 people there! I think I saw a quote on Pitchfork where they said the new album is folkier than Van Occupanther. Can't wait to hear it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back