midlake appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

I will join you! Album of the year for me, I still listen to it every day and I've had it since March. They were absolutely the best thing I saw at Summercase, the five of them belting out the harmonies, all those old keyboards, they sound incredible live, heartmelting. They're back here (Barcelona) in a couple of weeks and I can't fucking wait.

Yeah ellie, I got it back in May after Jim Comic recommended it, and I was blown away. I just love real 70s USA vibe off it, and I think Roscoe has to be one of my favourite songs EVER. (even if it does sound like Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac..)

I am SO gutted I can't make the gig...grrr.

how's tricks pantone... i know, the cover art is misleading, although when you've seen them in person the idea of them dressing up and standing in a forest for the photo shoot becomes highly amusing, if not a little moving.

the bamnan and silvercork album is amazing too, it takes a while but it's all there, all the melodies and the beautiful lyrics...the "but life it hurts for someone, and you're someone" kills me, as does the "let me not be too consumed with this world, sometimes i want to go home and stay out of sight for a long time" on van occupanther. god i love them.

"whenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like roscoe"

best moment in a song all year.
3 weeks 3 weeks. they're playing in a small theatre here, just a few hundred people. is the village gig sold out?

"whenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like roscoe"

best moment in a song all year.
3 weeks 3 weeks. they're playing in a small theatre here, just a few hundred people. is the village gig sold out?

I *love* that line!
and the bit where he goes "soooo..."

has everyone seen the video thing they're doing on myspace and youtube?

for the last month or so they've released the videos they use in their live show, one a week. some are animations, some are the videos for the singles. the one for bandits was put up last week, it has a really long piano intro, lovely altogether.

www.myspace.com/midlake

am giving Bamnan And Slivercork another go now, but it's just not in the same league as ...van occupanther at all at all.

Really enjoyed this gig! Dodgy sound here and there but they were great. They seemed genuinely surprised by the reaction.

Likewise, I thought this was amazing. Some parts were a little rough around the edges (at times the backing vocals were a little too low which is a big no-no for midlake as the backing vocals are a large part of some of their songs) but I kind of liked that in a way. I thought the set was excellent too. Pretty much all of Van Occupanther along with a handful of the older tunes (Balloon Maker, They can not let it expand, Some of them are superstitious).

Also, it was a nice touch that the band manned the merchandise stand themselves. I got a nice couple of signed CD singles for my trouble.

What a great gig and what a lovely bunch of guys! They did seem really surprised and humble about the reception from the crowd. Maybe they say that to all the crowds. Anyway it was nice to actually have a conversation with them seeing as they've kept me happy on the way to and from work for the last six months...

Also i promised Tim the singer (after a few Hoegaardens) that i'd have "Let me not be too consumed with this world" tattooed on me by the time they come back....

I might regret that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back