Michael Gira (1 Viewer)

Ok.This is getting confusing. Let's start by listing the people who haven't sexually assaulted someone.

Mr Gira has moved from "slanderous lie" yesterday to "awkward mistake" today. There is less yelling but he does lament that she has always been a crazy person.

Eight years ago, while I was still married to my first wife, Larkin Grimm and I headed towards a consensual romantic moment that fortunately was not consummated. As she wrote in her recent social media postings about that night, I said to her, "this doesn't feel right," and abruptly but completely our only intimate encounter ended. It was an awkward mistake.

Larkin may regret, as I certainly do, that the ill-advised tryst went even that far, but now, as then, I hold her in high esteem for her music and her courage as an artist.

I long ago apologized to my wife and family and told them the truth about this incident. My hope is that Larkin finds peace with the demons that have been darkening her soul since long before she and I ever met.

Swans' Michael Gira Issues Statement on Larkin Grimm Rape Accusations

skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetchy

Yep. When you go changing your story like that... Just be the stand-up guy you purport yourself to be and fucking apologise. If it's the man you were and not the one you are, it should be a teachable moment for everyone. It also doesn't bloody matter if she's certifiable. 'Good' people can do awful things, and 'crazy' people don't always cry wolf.

(Disclaimer: I've interviewed him for this site; he was nice to me and all but that's neither here nor there.)

And to add to that: yeah, if this incident had never happened, all I would presume of Larkin Grimm is that she's an oddball (The shroud and cross-legged guitar thing? Sheesh). But this second statement from Gira is really gaslighty and it makes me feel icky.

I don't know what to make of Gira's comments about demons. I guess if you've been falsely accused of rape then you can hardly blame him for lashing out with possibly relevant personal details. What is the correct way to deal with publicly aired accusations of something that nobody can ever really prove one way or the other?

I reckon Larkin won that thumped fight about the photograph and she wasn't even in it. I met her a couple of times, the first time at a party in my house and I thought she was a bit weird. The second time I was a bit reluctant to engage but she was absolutely as lovely as anyone could be and that's the way I think of her now.

i dunno. what relevance do 'demons' have? no-one's talking about michael 'i have demons' gira's demons.
In the context of a damaging allegation like this which may or may not be true the 'demons' thing is either an innocent party trying to make sense of what has happened or a guilty party slinging mud. Something like that, I dunno. I'm just curious what the best way to deal with something like this would be. We're all probably going to make up our minds on the language they use about it now.

Mr Gira has moved from "slanderous lie" yesterday to "awkward mistake" today. There is less yelling but he does lament that she has always been a crazy person.

Eight years ago, while I was still married to my first wife, Larkin Grimm and I headed towards a consensual romantic moment that fortunately was not consummated. As she wrote in her recent social media postings about that night, I said to her, "this doesn't feel right," and abruptly but completely our only intimate encounter ended. It was an awkward mistake.

Larkin may regret, as I certainly do, that the ill-advised tryst went even that far, but now, as then, I hold her in high esteem for her music and her courage as an artist.

I long ago apologized to my wife and family and told them the truth about this incident. My hope is that Larkin finds peace with the demons that have been darkening her soul since long before she and I ever met.

Swans' Michael Gira Issues Statement on Larkin Grimm Rape Accusations
My take on this is that this is someone who has spoken to a lawyer and admitted what can be proven (perhaps from past correspondence) and re-framed it as 'romantic' and 'consensual'.
Then he calls the accuser a crazy bitch on the way out.
He's stopped saying she's lying though.

MAD shit...and I appreciate the Facey B reposts..keep em coming.

Its not looking too good for Mickey G at this stage is it?

And now Tony V of all people is bad mouthing him..this is some tale of woe

he posted a link to an interview from 2012 (with Grimm) where she says nice things about him.

But also, parts of the interview are open to interpretation IMO.
moehlis.png

the thread that was on got removed while i was in the middle of reading it...i think the original post was a link to jennifer gira's post, which has also disappeared

Not even starting to defend Gira, but you'd have thought that Visconti of all people would have met his share of assholes.
He works in the music business, it's like ego bumper cars.
In my experience of bands, particularly signed bands, assholes are not the exception, they're the rule.
Tony certainly seems to have an ego on him in any interview I've ever seen. Gira being a dick to him doesn't really count for much.

Don't know what to make of all this now. Gira's statement is very sketchy indeed! They both point to the same night as the time of the incident, he say's consensual her saying the opposite.
There are many possibilities really to what actually happened.

Tony certainly seems to have an ego on him in any interview I've ever seen. Gira being a dick to him doesn't really count for much.

Don't know what to make of all this now. Gira's statement is very sketchy indeed! They both point to the same night as the time of the incident, he say's consensual her saying the opposite.
There are many possibilities really to what actually happened.
Except she was a liar yesterday for saying it happened.
Now it's a consensual, romantic encounter that Larkin may regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back