MICAH P HINSON w support RETRIBUTION GOSPEL CHOIR - CrawDaddy Oct 30th. (1 Viewer)

Did it get much more packed for Micah? I've seen him before, so I didn't mind too much about missing him.

It's interesting that Low can fill ALT but not that many people turn up for RGC...they missed a savage set. The new song sounded great, and they finished on 'In Her Blood', which I absolutely love. Wish I could teleport myself to Galway for tonight's gig!

Oh and seriously if you ever get the chance to talk to Alan, do, Scutter. He's dead sound to people who chat to him. You might even get a kiss ;)

Did it get much more packed for Micah? I've seen him before, so I didn't mind too much about missing him.

It's interesting that Low can fill ALT but not that many people turn up for RGC...they missed a savage set. The new song sounded great, and they finished on 'In Her Blood', which I absolutely love. Wish I could teleport myself to Galway for tonight's gig!

Oh and seriously if you ever get the chance to talk to Alan, do, Scutter. He's dead sound to people who chat to him. You might even get a kiss ;)

RGC wouldn't be too well known to be fair. I only discovered them on here when mitchum was talking about them in a Low thread. Yer man selling the CDs came up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy one. I told him I already had it and he gave me a 'yeah right' look. Was tempted to buy another just so he wouldn't hate me too much!

I'll pass on the kiss though. That could make Mimi mad. And I'd hate to have Mimi mad at me cos I think shes deadly! But cheers for letting me know that if I did ever want a kiss off Alan Sparhawk that it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility :)

Edit: Oh yeah, it was fairly full after alright. Kind of started emptying out a little too though before the end, so it obviously wasn't just me that was bored by him. That or else they were all heading off to the fancy dress do on up in Tripod

RGC wouldn't be too well known to be fair. I only discovered them on here when mitchum was talking about them in a Low thread. Yer man selling the CDs came up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy one. I told him I already had it and he gave me a 'yeah right' look. Was tempted to buy another just so he wouldn't hate me too much!

True, I only got into RGC this year myself, but I presumed more people would have found out about them...although there wasn't much (or any) press. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, just interesting.

I'll pass on the kiss though. That could make Mimi mad. And I'd hate to have Mimi mad at me cos I think shes deadly! But cheers for letting me know that if I did ever want a kiss off Alan Sparhawk that it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility :)
I did think I got a bit of a look alright which I felt bad about as I love Mimi but it wasn't me who initiated it. Hang on, now it seems like I'm talking about a full on snog but it was really a peck on the cheek. A girl can dream though! :p Although my boyfriend kept saying Al looks like Robert Plant to try to kill my attraction to him :rolleyes:

It's such a pity they didn't bring any other merch - but I think they did sell a few albums (even the guy in front of me bought one and he and his friends weren't paying much attention)

It's such a pity they didn't bring any other merch - but I think they did sell a few albums (even the guy in front of me bought one and he and his friends weren't paying much attention)

the crowd were a little disrepectful to Hinson I thought. Constant drunken heckling which, to me, seemed to make him really uncomfortable.

Think I saw you there by the way. But could be wrong.

So anyone else at this? RGC were great, I really want to see them at a headline gig though where the crowd's a bit more up for it! Felt a bit dead but they were brilliant.
They didn't have any merch besides the album, I was gutted. All seemed fine with Al Sparhawk, he was in a funny mood. Anyone get to chat to him after?

Arrived late and only caught the last half of RGC but was very impressed. Louder than I thought it'd be.

Thought Micah as good but I think he's better at the acoustic stuff.

I left reasonably soon after he ended but the other two RGC guys were in the bar selling CD's. No sign of Alan but.

C'mere Aoife, do you wear a necklace that says "sweet"?

Speaking of this, expected a bigger turnout for retribution gospel choir last week in Whelans.
They were great. Top power trio action. Liking the new record too.

I couldn't think of the name of the person they supported in Crawdaddy that time - now I know! I didn't think much of them either, though in fairness having to follow RGC is a bit of an ask.

I loved the Whelans show the other night there too. I wouldn't be mad gone on the new album, not by the standards set by the first one anyways. But the show was great. Sparhawk was in good form. All that was lacking really, as you eluded to, was more people to see them.

That support band, the Subplots, we very impressive too. Yer man playing the bass and keys at the same time - fair play to him. Most people can't do either, let alone the 2 together.

That support band, the Subplots, we very impressive too. Yer man playing the bass and keys at the same time - fair play to him. Most people can't do either, let alone the 2 together.

They put out an album last year that was pretty great called Nightcycles. It was mostlynew stuff at the RGC gig.

Aye. Subplots are great. Although I thought he could've had an aul sing and kicked a bass drum at the same time, the slacker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back