megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last? (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
Just to state the obvious - two major downloading sources have disappeared in the past few weeks. At this rate the internet as we knew it in 2011 could be pretty much obliterated within the year 2012. Both these downloading sources supplied access to both legal and copyright material, but it seems, even though they were international operations, legality can track them down and close the whole thing just to get the copyright material removed. I like to err on the side of absolute paranoia - but my guess is that easy, liberal downloading has about 1-2 years left before it has turned into the 'walled garden' that has been mentioned recently. Anyone got any info / estimates to add to the discussion, or are we all too busy having the craic on netflixes amazingly timed free trial period?

Re: megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last

I've been saying it for 2 years.The frontier days are on their way out.It's all gonna be about as interesting as ceefax soon.Just ad's basically.

Re: megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last

utv ad breaks was going to be comparison of choice.

We'll have to get our own satellites up there, free filth will find a way. Life finds a way.

[video=youtube_share;SkWeMvrNiOM]http://youtu.be/SkWeMvrNiOM[/video]

woohoo the 'it'll be grand' cheerleaders read my thread. swoon...

I like the cut of @D0njo; 's jib myself.I'm gonna get a positive outlook going too.

I never copped that was a zero in yer handle.Very 4chan

Just to state the obvious - two major downloading sources have disappeared in the past few weeks. At this rate the internet as we knew it in 2011 could be pretty much obliterated within the year 2012. Both these downloading sources supplied access to both legal and copyright material, but it seems, even though they were international operations, legality can track them down and close the whole thing just to get the copyright material removed. I like to err on the side of absolute paranoia - but my guess is that easy, liberal downloading has about 1-2 years left before it has turned into the 'walled garden' that has been mentioned recently. Anyone got any info / estimates to add to the discussion, or are we all too busy having the craic on netflixes amazingly timed free trial period?

https://www.torproject.org/

thats something. do you know any people who have tried it out?

I tried it a few years ago but it was too slow. Been meaning to give it another go.

Hopefully they won't set their eyes on usenet any time soon. The fact it's not the most user friendly & requires a subscription to a binary newserver act as a deterrent to your average pirate user.

i know nothing of usenet - i mostly a mainstream nerd. do you just register or something?

alt.binaries.pictures.sheep.baa.baa.baa

it's all ahead of you

i dont have a notion what that joke/sentence implies.

stay on topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back