megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last? (1 Viewer)

Re: megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last

yeah - the pirate bay guys are doing 1 year sentences and paying a few million dollars in fines so far as i remember. they are moving to a .se domain in order to evade further prosecution.

Re: megaupload closed, bt junkie closed - how long do you expect the internet to last

i know nothing of usenet - i mostly a mainstream nerd. do you just register or something?

You pay a monthly sub for access to a news server (which most importantly hosts binaries files, think of these as regular files split into small chunks). Now you'll need to use a news group search engine (binsearch.info, newzbin.com, etc) to search for whatever you need. These sites host NZBs which are files telling you which messages on the newsgroup server contain the required bits to make up your file. You stick these NZBs into your NZB client (I like using SABnzbd) and it'll download whatever files that are pointed to within the NZB. There are some great apps out there for automating tasks such as downloading TV shows & movies. Sick Beard is a PVR for TV shows only. Feed it the list of TV shows you watch, what quality you need & with a bit of jiggery-pokery, it'll download everything as it becomes available and properly organise it into your TV folder structure. If you like to hang on to TV shows, it'll even update existing files you've already downloaded (availability of TV stuff follows the path of TV rip @ 720p initially --> WebHD a short while later when it's ripped from iTunes --> Bluray Rip). A nice "set it and forget it" app. couchpota.to/ is another app dedicated solely to movies. Stick in the films you want (even if they're not released yet or a HD version hasn't become available) & it'll continually check its sources to see if anything matches your requirements. SABnzbd + sickbeard + couchpotato = great combination of hassle free tv/film acquirement. All require python to run, work on all platforms & they're web apps.

For newsgroup access you need a provider. I use/recommend giganews.com. I'm on their $25 monthly/plan which gives unlimited transfers. Newsgroup connections are direct downloads so you can guarantee it'll saturate your download speed on as few connections as possible unlike torrenting. You can download stuff over SSL and your IP isn't exposed to the entire internet except for the newsgroup provider in question.

QWALITY POST!

You pay a monthly sub for access to a news server (which most importantly hosts binaries files, think of these as regular files split into small chunks). Now you'll need to use a news group search engine (binsearch.info, newzbin.com, etc) to search for whatever you need. These sites host NZBs which are files telling you which messages on the newsgroup server contain the required bits to make up your file. You stick these NZBs into your NZB client (I like using SABnzbd) and it'll download whatever files that are pointed to within the NZB. There are some great apps out there for automating tasks such as downloading TV shows & movies. Sick Beard is a PVR for TV shows only. Feed it the list of TV shows you watch, what quality you need & with a bit of jiggery-pokery, it'll download everything as it becomes available and properly organise it into your TV folder structure. If you like to hang on to TV shows, it'll even update existing files you've already downloaded (availability of TV stuff follows the path of TV rip @ 720p initially --> WebHD a short while later when it's ripped from iTunes --> Bluray Rip). A nice "set it and forget it" app. couchpota.to/ is another app dedicated solely to movies. Stick in the films you want (even if they're not released yet or a HD version hasn't become available) & it'll continually check its sources to see if anything matches your requirements. SABnzbd + sickbeard + couchpotato = great combination of hassle free tv/film acquirement. All require python to run, work on all platforms & they're web apps.

For newsgroup access you need a provider. I use/recommend giganews.com. I'm on their $25 monthly/plan which gives unlimited transfers. Newsgroup connections are direct downloads so you can guarantee it'll saturate your download speed on as few connections as possible unlike torrenting. You can download stuff over SSL and your IP isn't exposed to the entire internet except for the newsgroup provider in question.

Will you be my roommate?

I make great chili.

Yeah,€25 monthly would be more than enough to buy all the music you'd need legitimately

Nice Euro squares we have here

Has anyone any what.cd invites? is this usenet thing better?

Don't think usenet fares well compared with the breath of music what.cd has. I stopped using what.cd a long while back in favor of the simplicity/immediate music gratification of a premium Spotify account. I'm all about the music streaming now.

Don't think usenet fares well compared with the breath of music what.cd has. I stopped using what.cd a long while back in favor of the simplicity/immediate music gratification of a premium Spotify account. I'm all about the music streaming now.

What's the movie and TV show selection like?

What's the movie and TV show selection like?

I haven't come across many things that I've had to resort to torrenting but for 0-day releases, it's king. Bare in mind that usenet servers have a retention period after which, stuff gets wiped. 3.5 years is the standard for decent providers but there's always a constant flux of stuff being added to replace any expired content.

I haven't come across many things that I've had to resort to torrenting but for 0-day releases, it's king. Bare in mind that usenet servers have a retention period after which, stuff gets wiped. 3.5 years is the standard for decent providers but there's always a constant flux of stuff being added to replace any expired content.

Good info.

What's a 0-day release?

What's a 0-day release?

They're the most recent releases (on a daily basis) from warez groups (like you see written in filenames etc. Fringe.720p.HDTV.x264.wArEz-GROUP.mkv). That's not to say you don't get the same release times on torrents, you do, just depends on the public/private tracker you're using.

Tell the cats to chill
[video=youtube_share;0Qkyt1wXNlI]http://youtu.be/0Qkyt1wXNlI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;OVYhwKu7J5E]http://youtu.be/OVYhwKu7J5E[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back