Long Suffering Music Companies Finally Get Their Dues (1 Viewer)

but this whole discussion was based upon a woman who got fined a ridiculous amount of money for what was a very very small amount of songs downloaded. :mad:

I don't think she got the fine for downloading the songs,but for making them available for other people to download. I'm pretty sure in the past it's been the illegal distrubution of music that has been the crime. I think it's viewed as bootlegging pretty much.

Her defence case was fought on the grounds that she did not upload music using Kazaa and that it was someone else, at the moment she is still denying that she is responsible. While it is understandable not to admit liability here it seems like a pretty weak argument she is making... Someone happened to use her IP address and the same handle that she uses for her e-mails etc etc.

She has about 3 percent of what she needs donated so far...

look, whatever, i know it's not meant to be 'cool', but i reckon the major labels are totally vindicated in their attitude, i hate the way people reckon they're somehow entitled to own music for free.

What was she listening to?Must have been pretty freakin excellant at 200+k for 24 tracks.
Fuck em, they just bullying if you ask me.

or we could even go as far as to mention cover bands...since your original argument seemed to be about bands/artists music being used without monetary gain.

Now these are the pricks that should get taken to the cleaners!
I reakon cover bands get probably double the cash DIY bands come out with on a good night.Not to mention cover bands taken up venue space.
burn em! BURN EM!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back