Meeting People (7 Viewers)

I'm always getting myself into those situations too. Not good when you're useless at ending things like I am.

I really don't like asking the guy out but I will do it if I think there's a good chance their interested. I figured if you've been together once or twice before there's a reasonable chance they are interested.

Jaysus, pseudo date, sounds awful.

I'd rather someone say, "I find you attractive/like you and was wondering if you'd be interested in coming out to the cinema/for coffee with me?" or "Could I take you out on a date sometime?" It's what I've done when asking people out, that way they know it's not just "as mates", that way they can accept, or decline while knowing your motives, or having the full facts.

A good rule of thumb I say. I tend to just flirt outrageously and wait. A not so good plan, I say.

I know. I should probably try and be more direct. The curse of being a woman, eh. I think I might just push the buck out and start tomorrow by asking the boy I'm currently obsessing over out on a date.

This seems to be common nowadays, I have quite a few single friends who have bemoaned being asked to the cinema/to dinner by a dude or dudette who then proceeds to talk about his/her new girlfriend. I'm gonna sound old now but when I was younger if someone asked me to the cinema it was a date and that was that....I also heard the term pseudo-date being used recently which made me puke blood.

Where do you stand on 'non-dates'?

I want a time-machine.

What the hell is a 'non-date'? Sounds appaling. As if date-dates weren't scarring enough.

A time machine while it would cure everything would spoil the surprise if you did find out. Half the fun is seeing how things go, its also the incredibly scary part.

anyone any experience where there's a six month gap between second and third date? I thought something was over but am rethinking things now. Just not sure if if the other person now thinks its a non date or realises it wasn't

What the hell is a 'non-date'? Sounds appaling. As if date-dates weren't scarring enough.

I've no idea, I don't even know where I first heard of the concept. Scary indeed.

A time machine while it would cure everything would spoil the surprise if you did find out. Half the fun is seeing how things go, its also the incredibly scary part.

For the first time ever I've decided that I'd like to be able to go back in time, and have a friendly chat with my younger self about someone.

also, i don't really always say yes, clearly. i'm just bad at sayingn no to people i know. if you get my drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back