Meeting People (2 Viewers)

I've never done it. Which is an alarmingly sad fact. And I always say yes, even though I don't always want to. Which is well sadder.

you have to couch it in a joke.

so ehh, yeah, you want to meet up and head over there then?
nice one. Sound. So when do you wanna meet? Do you want to get some food first?
Alright. It will be like a date! Ha ha! And we can have SEX afterwards!! HAHAHA!
Seriously? Win.

Just out of curiousity, do you think its a good thing, a bad thing, or simply a non-thing if the girl does the asking? I find it weirdly intimidating to ask a guy out.

Just out of curiousity, do you think its a good thing, a bad thing, or simply a non-thing if the girl does the asking? I find it weirdly intimidating to ask a guy out.

non-thing. if you like someone why not ask them to go for a drink/movie/pizza. I don't think any guy would object to being asked out by a lovely lady.

I'd rather the guy ask me out, but I have asked blokes out before, usually only when I've been pretty sure they were interested enough to say yes.

I figure it's worth the risk, particularly because it can be so incredibly bloody frustrating waiting for the other person to get the nerve up to do the asking.

Granted if there had been flirting and an obvious mutual attraction it makes things easier, but it still doesn't completely remove the fear of rejection.

non-thing. if you like someone why not ask them to go for a drink/movie/pizza. I don't think any guy would object to being asked out by a lovely lady.
I hate when someone asks if you want, go for coffee, or go to the cinema and don't make their intentions clear. So you don't know whether they're just wanting to catch up and have a chat and hang out, or if they're hoping it's just a prelude to getting in your pants.

I've agreed to go to the cinema with a bloke, but I'm not even remotely attracted to him, I don't think I've given any indication that I'm interested, but if he thinks it's a date it's going to be pretty shit, because I'm going to be all awkward and trying not to give any signals that he may misconstrue as me being interested in him. At the same time I don't want to be presumptuous about his intentions ... Or something.

Oh I'm forever getting myself into those situations. I say yes and then later realise its a date and then get very very grumpy because I've done it again. Oh to meet a nice boy who just wants to sit at home, drink whiskey and listen to Teenage Fanclub with me

This seems to be common nowadays, I have quite a few single friends who have bemoaned being asked to the cinema/to dinner by a dude or dudette who then proceeds to talk about his/her new girlfriend. I'm gonna sound old now but when I was younger if someone asked me to the cinema it was a date and that was that....I also heard the term pseudo-date being used recently which made me puke blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back