Meeting People (1 Viewer)

It must be tough knowing everything about life at 22.

Where did I say I knew everything? I'm providing my own personal experiences and information from my friends' personal experience. Am I not entitled to rant just because I'm younger? If anything you're the one being arrogant, since you think condescending jabs are better than the effort I put into making what I see as a well reasoned post. You disagree with it being "Well reasoned", show your reasoning, that's how we all learn.

Simply saying Look at me and my glorious Experience and Wisdom doesn't give me much reason to think you're right and I'm wrong.

I really did want to chime in and possible help out but then I saw this line. I really don't care if your for real or if your a troll at this stage, this is the best line ever. I wish your internet experience all the best.

No you didn't. In fact you've consistently been a prick, you're just drawing stock ITG responses out of a hat at this stage.

Green Goblin = best joke poster since Catweasle!!!

Personally, I think it's ridiculously unfair that all the bands I like don't play in The Tap every week. Dickheads. I mean, if you go to London, they all play all the time, even the ones from America, Germany, Holland, France, Australia, Canada, Brazil. It's so unfair.

Sorry I'm late, work was murder!

175342__willem_l.jpg

I'm not a "joke" poster, though the irony is you're not picking up on the bits of my posts that are actually intended to be tounge in cheek.

Also I don't think the issue is about specific bands, but a style of music/subculture in general.

ahhhh haha i know who you are on boards.ie

I wrote a very long post a few hours ago but there was an error and it didn't post (maybe I could use some of your vast internets experience?). I'd write it again, but seeming as you've tryed to completly dismissively shoot down everyone who went to the effort of giving you constructive criticism, I'm glad it didn't post.

You complain about theyre being no "scene" for you, well why don't you get cracking and go create one?

Try coming down to Killarney and trying out our scene for 18 years straight. It's non existent. Still, i don't go moaning relentlessly about it on the internet, instead I try to actively do something. I play in a band, the lads I play with aren't my greatest bestest friends (and honestly they get on my nerves at times) and the music we play isn't exactly what I want, but it's something. And it's all about co-operation which I think you might seem to be lacking.

You give out about cliques yet you have been consistently and effortlessly categorises every single little fucking thing. Let your brain dance dude and forget about aesthetics, forget about the rules, be yourself, it's great having something to believe in but you shouldn't let things completly absorb you. Let them become a part of you, instead of letting it explain your whole existence.
That's my perspective anyway.

You seem horribly depressed about it all which is sad but I have to be brutally honest, it's pathethic. Sure, shit like this can get us all down every now and again, but at the end of the day music and clubs and hot wimmenz and cliques and scenes and perfectly suited entertainment can take a back seat in the scheme of it all, when we have homeless kids starving on the streets and people being absolutely decimated everyday.

There's plenty of obscure music in Ireland btw, you're just not looking hard enough.

What a mad rant. Anywho!

/awaits sardonic and condescending response

Cutting off a whole reem of people based on music taste is pretty silly to be honest. I would have been a bit of a music snob a few years back, or at least I thought I was, but when I realised that wasn't workin' for me I think I opened myself up to tonnes of music and people who I otherwise would never have encountered.

I find now though that none of my current bunch of mates really bother going to gigs, so I haven't been to see any live music since last July I think. Which sucks and I'm really missing it, but what can ya do!

Meh :)

hey moose,
i was born knowing everything!! absolute heartbreaker...

hehehe....

Guybrush Threepwood:
"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Woodchuck:
"A woodchuck could chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood."

Guybrush Threepwood:
"But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?"

Woodchuck: "Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?"

Guybrush Threepwood: "A woodchuck should chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood."

Woodchuck:
"Oh, shut up!"

Cutting off a whole reem of people based on music taste is pretty silly to be honest. I would have been a bit of a music snob a few years back, or at least I thought I was, but when I realised that wasn't workin' for me I think I opened myself up to tonnes of music and people who I otherwise would never have encountered.

I find now though that none of my current bunch of mates really bother going to gigs, so I haven't been to see any live music since last July I think. Which sucks and I'm really missing it, but what can ya do!

Meh :)

Go to gigs on your own and meet new people. I missed out on a lot of good music because of friends who didn't go to gigs. I left Dublin for a year and when I came back I decided that things were going to be different. I've met lots of lovely (and some not so lovely, sankybus for example;)) people. Life is too short to spend doing only what other people want to do.

Ah yeah, I used to go to gigs on my todd, but then I used to smoke at 'em, so I wouldn't feel like a complete tool standing on my own, but later figured that was even more retarded.

Will have to start doing that again.
Laziness is a major factor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back