Meeting People / Aspergers (1 Viewer)

Re: Meeting People

Ah man, it's like you're reading my mind. I've been trying to meet a chick who will bang to Megadeth since I was a teenager. Any album up to and including Countdown to Extinction would do. But if she put on something comercial like A Tout le Monde when we're about to do the nasty, I'd have to dump her.

lol appeal to ridicule

For me it seems like it's the way you break down their advice and summarily reject it that people will get defensive about. Nobody here seems to knows much about what it's like for you so they'll probably get it wrong no matter how hard they try. Still at least they are trying, whether you accept that as honestly trying to help or just trying to feel socially superior is kinda up to you.

Hope you do find someone special. Keep looking anyway.

Most of the "advice" was insisting the problem was entirely with me rather than offering any of the help I actually asked for. It was presuming a level of immaturity I took offense to, and then one big circle jerk of "Sound words!" started up. If any of you bothered to put yourselves in my shoes for a second, you'd see how easily that could drive someone crazy. I don't like being talked down to, even if I do have a disability.

I wasn't asking for an outdated self help article, so I don't see why people take so much offense when I don't take their inappropriate advice. Some of it was downright offensive too, like Unicrons. I outlined what I wanted and people insisted with the same thing, then complained like hell when I snapped. I was trying my best to make out that this wasn't the advice I wanted, that I was more mentally and emotionally developed than that, It was just that I disagreed, and people, especially that shit Unicron, didn't listen. I dislike when people reject advice from an un or anti-intellectual point of view - THIS IS THE WAY I DO THINGS FUCK YOUR LOGIC - that is annoying. But I was trying my best to make out that wasn't the case here, I think it's pretty obvious from my typing style I'm more introspective than that - I just felt differently about relationships, I do think common interest is highly important to me, I'd actually considered at some point everything that's been said in this thread and thought about it deeply. I don't feel anyone was listening to me when I tried to get that across.

I have a strong dislike for this modern pop psychologist attitude, because it very often has an arrogance behind it, and I'm not sure how else to make it known. Just because my posting style is strange or borderline "trolling", doesn't mean I'm not intelligent and mature, I'm just extremely aggrivated and deppressed, as well as a little hyper. If I had anywhere decent to reach out to people or ask questions, I wouldn't have bothered coming here. But it's here, boards, or PROC, so which do you think I'm going to go with?

I just honestly believe people offer advice to look "wise" rather than to really help other people. I know that kind of feeling, and it does feel good to be respected for "wise words", but there's a real person at the other end. If you take offense to that remark, then fine, but realise I have a reason for feeling that way, I don't get a feeling of honest kindness from people.

If I had advice rejected I'd be putting thought into why it was rejected instead of tearing into them, unless it was something plainly obvious like don't try to stick an iron in a microwave.

Most of the "advice" was insisting the problem was entirely with me rather than offering any of the help I actually asked for. It was presuming a level of immaturity I took offense to, and then one big circle jerk of "Sound words!" started up. If any of you bothered to put yourselves in my shoes for a second, you'd see how easily that could drive someone crazy. I don't like being talked down to, even if I do have a disability.

I wasn't asking for an outdated self help article, so I don't see why people take so much offense when I don't take their inappropriate advice. Some of it was downright offensive too, like Unicrons. I outlined what I wanted and people insisted with the same thing, then complained like hell when I snapped. I was trying my best to make out that this wasn't the advice I wanted, that I was more mentally and emotionally developed than that, It was just that I disagreed, and people, especially that shit Unicron, didn't listen. I dislike when people reject advice from an un or anti-intellectual point of view - THIS IS THE WAY I DO THINGS FUCK YOUR LOGIC - that is annoying. But I was trying my best to make out that wasn't the case here, I think it's pretty obvious from my typing style I'm more introspective than that - I just felt differently about relationships, I do think common interest is highly important to me, I'd actually considered at some point everything that's been said in this thread and thought about it deeply. I don't feel anyone was listening to me when I tried to get that across.

I have a strong dislike for this modern pop psychologist attitude, because it very often has an arrogance behind it, and I'm not sure how else to make it known. Just because my posting style is strange or borderline "trolling", doesn't mean I'm not intelligent and mature, I'm just extremely aggrivated and deppressed, as well as a little hyper. If I had anywhere decent to reach out to people or ask questions, I wouldn't have bothered coming here. But it's here, boards, or PROC, so which do you think I'm going to go with?

I just honestly believe people offer advice to look "wise" rather than to really help other people. I know that kind of feeling, and it does feel good to be respected for "wise words", but there's a real person at the other end. If you take offense to that remark, then fine, but realise I have a reason for feeling that way, I don't get a feeling of honest kindness from people.

If I had advice rejected I'd be putting thought into why it was rejected instead of tearing into them, unless it was something plainly obvious like don't try to stick an iron in a microwave.

Knowing some people here personally I find it hard to believe they're all trying to look smart with wise words but I do know what you're talking about. I've no good advice for ya either way other than to keep persisting with getting out there and all the other clichéd stuff.

Maybe if you tried not to be so arrogant and categorically reject others without even trying to understand where they come from, you could meet and be liked by people. But seems like you're not ready for that.

I think you've a problem when you try so hard to create this self image of yourself as an individual of great complexity. No one understands you cause your SO individual. Stop posting, you'll regret every one of these when you grow up. Seriously. Stop posting. Hope this helps.

Knowing some people here personally I find it hard to believe they're all trying to look smart with wise words but I do know what you're talking about. I've no good advice for ya either way other than to keep persisting with getting out there and all the other clichéd stuff.

Well, thanks for not overstepping the boundary anyway, I appreciate that much.

Maybe if you tried not to be so arrogant and categorically reject others without even trying to understand where they come from, you could meet and be liked by people. But seems like you're not ready for that.

I do understand where they're coming from. Did you not just read the post I made?

I also hate the way people always have to oversimplify... because you're refusing advice, that must be the same problem you have with making friends, etc. It's entirely possible and even probable that the two are not so directly related, but people love to make connections.

Hi Green Goblin. Since music cannot be overlooked maybe you should broaden your own musical horizons? Im close enough to your age and know few if any people who listen to the bands you like, im certainly ignorant of most of them. Im not saying run out and buy lady ga-ga's album (although that might help) but maybe try listening to some 'alternative' bands others listen to? Maybe you'll even get into other stuff cos it sounds like you're in a bit of a musical rut. I wouldn't offer this advice to other people but since the music thing cannot be ignored it could help if theres a bigger chance of other people liking what you like?

Hi Green Goblin. Since music cannot be overlooked maybe you should broaden your own musical horizons? Im close enough to your age and know few if any people who listen to the bands you like, im certainly ignorant of most of them. Im not saying run out and buy lady ga-ga's album (although that might help) but maybe try listening to some 'alternative' bands others listen to? Maybe you'll even get into other stuff cos it sounds like you're in a bit of a musical rut. I wouldn't offer this advice to other people but since the music thing cannot be ignored it could help if theres a bigger chance of other people liking what you like?

He isn't the problem, I Is John!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back