Maynooth (1 Viewer)

Did you go to Maynooth College/University/"actually, I think you'll find it's NUIM"?

• Total voters
I tried fencing when in Maynooth. It's lots of fun. Should have stuck with it.

Flashback - you bender - remember unihoc? Best game ever!!
.|..|Unihoc fucking ruled, until those bog trotters gradually turned it into indoor hurling.
And, they were really fucking good at hurling. Jesus. At that point, I became a spectator.

That got me mad fit that did. And, you ended up with the biggest calf muscles on the planet. Freakish.

I never did that fencing stuff.
Here, billy, you know someone came up to Jonathan one day, and said, "Ohh, you're mates with that Gay Lesbian Soc guy." And Jonathan was sort of, huh?
Then the guy described me, and said I was a "credit to the society, and did a great PR job for them".
I think he then asked him "if we were partners".

Jonathan had to get helped out of the room for air. And dedicated about 1 solid months slagging me about this.

Here, billy, you know someone came up to Jonathan one day, and said, "Ohh, you're mates with that Gay Lesbian Soc guy." And Jonathan was sort of, huh?
Then the guy described me, and said I was a "credit to the society, and did a great PR job for them".
I think he then asked him "if we were partners".

Jonathan had to get helped out of the room for air. And dedicated about 1 solid months slagging me about this.
Is that Jonathan with the evolution issues?

I have said it before and will say it again.

The best thing about Maynooth is the entrance to the Graveyard.

c-10_2.jpg

In fact it's probably the best thing about Ireland.

BA English/Anthropology 2002-2005
used to omk sneaky spliffs in that graveyard. inly walked past it a few weeks ago. its deadly

Is that Jonathan with the evolution issues?

That would be him alright.
He is getting married to this Nordy chick out of my first year in my science degree now.
I just got a post card off him in Belize.
He addressed it:

Philip
Bioinformatics,
New York University.
USA.

Well impressed with the postal service I am.

That would be him alright.
He is getting married to this Nordy chick out of my first year in my science degree now.
I just got a post card off him in Belize.
He addressed it:

Philip
Bioinformatics,
New York University.
USA.

Well impressed with the postal service I am.
Was that the short girl with the dark hair? If it is the same one, then she looked exactly like a bloke I went to school with. It always freaked me out.
I guess Jonathan really is gay.

As for you... congratulations.

Was that the short girl with the dark hair? If it is the same one, then she looked exactly like a bloke I went to school with. It always freaked me out.
I guess Jonathan really is gay.

As for you... congratulations.

Exactly... yeah, thats the one. She is actually dead on. Best thing that ever happened to him and all.

Jonathan isnt gay. Just jovial. And big boned.

(Thanks.)

used to omk sneaky spliffs in that graveyard. inly walked past it a few weeks ago. its deadly

We used to go up the canal for spliffs, up where it got nice and quiet. Lie back in that reedy grass stuff, and watch the insects and water and things. :)

That graveyard just reminded me of young preists. *Shudder*

Out the back of that, by the Graf was nice too. With all those big trees.

We used to go up the canal for spliffs, up where it got nice and quiet. Lie back in that reedy grass stuff, and watch the insects and water and things. :)

That graveyard just reminded me of young preists. *Shudder*

Out the back of that, by the Graf was nice too. With all those big trees.
oh yeah, the canal down by the back of the college is a cool little walk to go on. freat in summer to go halfway fown to kilcock. had a bbq there bout 2 years ago. great craic.

maynooth has turned into a bland boring place now. or else its coz im older and know like, 7 people there now. i hope its the former

oh yeah, the canal down by the back of the college is a cool little walk to go on. freat in summer to go halfway fown to kilcock. had a bbq there bout 2 years ago. great craic.

maynooth has turned into a bland boring place now. or else its coz im older and know like, 7 people there now. i hope its the former

In 94 it was a fucking asylum. There was no cops after 5pm, and there was this gang of skins that would knock around being scary.
The shit that went on in the Old Students Union, before they built the new one was unbelievable. I remember on Thursdays nights where there were literally ambulances lined up loading bodies in.

Friday mornings at 9 we had a Physics lab. It was debatable who was in worse shape, us or the demonstrators. Basically we all got 70%'s and no-one said a word.

Saw hermie in tweed in Maynooth and got pissed, great night.

Was there in early May studying for my DCU IT exams, just to mix it up a little:) .

Know lots of people doing Masters there this year. Seems like the place to be.!ninjaaaa

Seems like the place to be.!ninjaaaa

if i have any say in it, this year it will be!!

its hard to get any good bands out there coz theres not enough of an audience. majority just want to see terrible cover blands.and if its not on a monday night (3euro a drink), it wont draw much of a crowd. boo!!
hopefully gettin out some bands from dublin & other places that post here. but y'all have to promise to come back out to maynooth for it!!

.|..| .|..|

if i have any say in it, this year it will be!!

its hard to get any good bands out there coz theres not enough of an audience. majority just want to see terrible cover blands.and if its not on a monday night (3euro a drink), it wont draw much of a crowd. boo!!
hopefully gettin out some bands from dublin & other places that post here. but y'all have to promise to come back out to maynooth for it!!

.|..| .|..|

Back in the day... there used to be ship loads of UCD heads making the trek out to the Thursday Bar Ex.

I met lads there from Trinity too and all sorts of places.
A long way from the state of the place in 2003 or whatever :mad:

i remember my first night in the su as a fresher, there was this guy dry-humping a bird up against the bar.it's mad when culchies get away from home for the first time what happens:) .

never any trouble there (accept when aslan played;) ), i used to throw my jacket in one corner and my bag in another - basically just where i was standing when i felt like taking them off- i was often too drunk to remember where i left them but they were always still there

i remember my first night in the su as a fresher, there was this guy dry-humping a bird up against the bar.it's mad when culchies get away from home for the first time what happens:) .
thats what i reckon makes the place so mental,people who would have never gotten away with anything in their 20 person middle of nowhere town being let lose in a place where its really easy to buy drugs and has cheap as fuck booze

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back