Manu thread? (1 Viewer)

No better time to drag this thread back onto the first page

We were unfortunate enough today, the ref made some shocking decisions and even though Drogba wasn't offside for the goal he did drag Wesley Brown to the ground. With some better finishing we could have won it but in typical Chelsea style they just ground out the result.

Rooney was immense up front by himself and Johnny Evans made up for Wednesday's shocker with this

kungfuevans.gif

As sore as I'm sure it was, it didn't warrent a reaction like this

drogbawriggle.gif

Haha I thought drogba was having some sort of fit the way his legs were going. Chelsea's title this year i think, can't see anybody else putting up a decent challange. I think the ref was tryin to enforce some sort of karmic balance to the universe today, booking droga for getting kicked in the chest, denying utd a peno and giving that free against fletcher even the linesman got in on the act when he flagged rooney off when clean through.

Haha I thought drogba was having some sort of fit the way his legs were going. Chelsea's title this year i think, can't see anybody else putting up a decent challange. I think the ref was tryin to enforce some sort of karmic balance to the universe today, booking droga for getting kicked in the chest, denying utd a peno and giving that free against fletcher even the linesman got in on the act when he flagged rooney off when clean through.

Lots of people said it was Chelsea's title this time last year too and look what happened. Ancellotti is a far better manager for them than Big Phil and I'd have them as favourites this year too - BUT if there's one thing you never do, is write off United. Not while Slurgie is still at the helm the bastard. I'd love to write off United's chances of yet another title but I've been haunted by that over confidence too often.

Having said that, and despite being quite unlucky to lose yesterday, United are missing something of the 4/5 pronged attack of last year. It ain't Tevez but Valencia's miss yesterday was the kind of chance Ronny would have eaten up. The abscence of him and his game saving moments may still be the difference this year.

From the Guardian:
Rooney appeared to mouth "12 men, 12 men" into a television camera as he departed the turf at the final whistle.
Not quite in Didier 'It's a fucking disgrace' Drogba's league, but not a bad effort all the same.
For all the whingeing about the ref, they have him to thank for the fact Jonny Evans isn't facing a 3 match ban with Vidic and Ferdinand both injured.

i don't know how many of these big games have been ruined by poor reffing at this stage but year after year i'm frustrated watching them. I don't think united can complain, decisions have often gone there way in the past, it was the same ref who played all that extra time against city the other week to give united a win.

Still some stuff really needs to change with reffing, first of you shouldn't be allowed to get away with screaming, f-ing and blinding the ref. Fletcher and a number of united players didn't stop yesterday.

As sore as I'm sure it was, it didn't warrent a reaction like this

Yeah usual drogba and in fairness his reputation and reaction seems to have gone against him there.

That said, baffling to think what he was booking for, over reacting? kind of embarrassing to look back on for all involved. Might still come back to evans though.

Also valencia's lunge of a tackle later on that he had the cheek to complain about when he was called on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back