Manu thread? (1 Viewer)

Oh please let this be the beginning of the end for Nani

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5689515,00.html

Nani has put his Manchester United future in doubt by accusing Sir Alex Ferguson of wrecking his confidence.

The under-fire winger has complained that Ferguson's policy of rotation has undermined him and described his shock at being on the receiving end of the Scot's infamous 'hairdryer' treatment.

"People expect more from me and it's not easy. But they are also not doing what they said they were going to," Nani was quoted as saying by Portuguese newspaper 'I'. "I know it would be better if I scored more goals.

"I can have a spectacular game but nobody guarantees me I will be starting the next match. It shatters your confidence. I did not play the important matches, against Liverpool, Manchester City or Tottenham. Not playing these games, I am a bit sad. But for now I am not considering leaving."

Nani also revealed he continues to struggle to understand Ferguson's management methods and has had to suffer the Scot's 'hairdryer'.

"He is a very complicated guy," said Nani. "If things are OK, he will be OK, but if there is anything he believes to be wrong, you are screwed. He can go from complimenting you to just plain trashing in a couple of minutes.

"And it is always with **** this and **** that. No one is safe on the pitch. Even Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville get it, but it takes longer with them because they are more experienced."

Two matches suspended tho. Should have been a stadium ban - touchline ban is halfarsed. I'd like to see Fergie trying to get smuggled into the dressing room in a linen basket.

I don't know why he's not taking that guy De Laet who played left back for us in the Carling Cup, he doesn't seem to be on any injury list and is surely a better option then Fletcher.

It's going to be an odd line up anyway and if we do lose and end up second then we'll have to play our home leg first and possibly could get Real or Barcelona.

De Laet isn't eligible for Europe, not in the original squad submitted to UEFA at the start of the season and hasn't been in the academy for two years.

Wolves field a reserve team for their game at OT.
How wrong is that. :mad:

Section of quotes from BBC live

From anon via text: "I feel for the fellow Wolves fans that have shelled out £45 plus travel expenses to watch a second string. Shocking."

From Murtini on 606: "Mick is spot on, think about it. He won't want his best players to be injured and miss the six-pointer with Burnley on Sunday."

1935: Section E, rule 20 says: "In every league match each participating club shall field a full strength team." I don't know how you enforce that though. Presumably, Mick McCarthy could just say that his usual first-teamers have a variety of niggles and sniffles.

From Sean, London, via text: "Sorry Cheesy, but you cannot justify McCarthy's decision at all. They got a result against Spurs, they could get a result tonight. Shocking decision to make so early on in the season."

that there is the problem with the premier league. so many teams don't bother at ot, they see it as a no win situ, so they save themselves.

although, how can you prove, in this day squads and rotation, that you're not playing a first team? this isn't the 70's where you'd win the league playing only 14 players all season. if that fist team rule was enforceable in anyway, no young players would ever get a go.

that there is the problem with the premier league. so many teams don't bother at ot, they see it as a no win situ, so they save themselves.

QUOTE]

and the cunts still needed a peno to get them off the mark wha?:rolleyes:

It was an odd decision alright, I mean it's not like they were going to be kicked around the OT pitch and they were coming off the back of two wins while United have looked shakey and Old Trafford isn't the fortress that it used to be.

Mick may look back and rue this decission come the end of the season.

Mick may look back and rue this decission come the end of the season.

Ah I dunno, I doubt anyone would ever look at a relegated team's season and say that the key result was an away defeat to what has been the strongest side in the league over the course of more than a decade and a half (hate having to write that) and reigning champs.

although, how can you prove, in this day squads and rotation, that you're not playing a first team? this isn't the 70's where you'd win the league playing only 14 players all season. if that fist team rule was enforceable in anyway, no young players would ever get a go.
I agree with almost everything you said but would add that young players got thru in the 70s etc, then again there were no foreigners cept for the Dutch 2 at Ipswich.

Don't forget this is only December, I just think its a defeatist attitude, I was up for Wolves to stay up as a good friend is a fan after attending Uni there and I've stayed there for a gig but fuck that now....I'd rather Megson and Bolton stay up!

My mate is cousins with Stephen Ward and he said that he was devistated not to be playing. He was a United fan as a kid and always dreamed of playing in old Trafford but wasn't even in the squad last night.

That's got to be a killer, being so close and yet so far away......... still playing in the Premiership is alright I suppose :p

My mate is cousins with Stephen Ward and he said that he was devistated not to be playing. He was a United fan as a kid and always dreamed of playing in old Trafford but wasn't even in the squad last night.

That's got to be a killer, being so close and yet so far away......... still playing in the Premiership is alright I suppose :p

one of yesterdays irish papers ran an interview with him where he spoke of his love of man u. thought he had a good game v jinxy lennon last saturday and maybe Trap should have a butchers at him - played left wing and up front for the bohs cunts though - so i guess hes still learning his left full trade.

I agree with almost everything you said but would add that young players got thru in the 70s etc, then again there were no foreigners cept for the Dutch 2 at Ipswich.

Don't forget this is only December, I just think its a defeatist attitude, I was up for Wolves to stay up as a good friend is a fan after attending Uni there and I've stayed there for a gig but fuck that now....I'd rather Megson and Bolton stay up!
yeah, in the 70's you'd have one or two players coming through, but 8-9 regulars in the team. these days it's worthy of mention if a team is unchanged for a couple of games.
megson, i remember he sent out the stiff in the uefa cup at lisbon. he must have been really pissed off cos sporting were absolutely there for the taking. fans wouldn't mind seeing a cup run, staying in the premiership by the skin of your teeth, year after year can't be that much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back