Manic Street Preachers - Olympia Theatre - 16th May (2 Viewers)

She did not like me one bit. And someone called me old and bitter on that thread! I think she was...23?

She won't come back. She got what she wanted from us.
I'm getting to like the word jaffa. I only wish I could live up to it. (Cake/Biscuit?)

3727024971_1972fe0d8f.jpg

the real jaffas surely? (i hope that's not racist)

That makes two of us, brother. Aged 14, I was, in fact, an absolute idiot. And very easily moved.

Listening to you trying desperately to get your rat bastard husband to validate your 14-year-old self is only funny for about two pages then it just becomes sad.

Am I doing this right?

Ah now, that's a decent setlist.

My Little Empire, Roses, Stephen Hawking, This is Yesterday, Suicide is Painless... (and of course, Slash n Burn) are great choices.

they're only playing that one because they know it's awful and they're trying to wind people up

Fuck off Tsunami though.

agreed.

I hope they play all their bad songs!!!

I think Gold Against the Soul is possibly their greatest song.

I don't think I've ever heard them play My Little Empire. Thank fuck. Suicide is Painless was great the first time I heard it but it was really shit on the last tour. Hope they bring back Prologue to History and Archives of Pain. And maybe Intravenous Agnostic. Seriously.

I actually wouldn't mind hearing some stuff off Lifeblood which I have grown to think is actually quite good.

Lifeblood is rather underrated indeed. They played Empty Souls on that British tour recently, which isn't good though.

1985 would be very welcome.

Any idea on stage times or support???

As I mentioned in the Warpaint thread getting stage times for this (and most other MCD / Aiken gigs) is proving quite fruitless....

Joy Formidable are supporting, they're pretty great.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No idea about stage times, probably 9 or a wee bit after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back