Manic Street Preachers - Olympia Theatre - 16th May (1 Viewer)

Most disillusioning moment of my life was last time they played, when they broke into Faster. The crowd reacted like it was their biggest, most famous, most cheerful anthem ever.

That's not right.

It's a song about total disgust, stop enjoying it!

anyway, yeah i'll probably go, get hammered and hope they play Stay Beautiful

Apparently they play an acoustic version of Stay Beautiful nowadays. Saw a vid on youtube, was wonderful.

So, what is your reaction when Faster comes on? I mean, the majority of Manics fans will regard it as their fave track.

Apparently they play an acoustic version of Stay Beautiful nowadays. Saw a vid on youtube, was wonderful.

can't be any worse than the acoustic version of faster they did on the greatest hits tour

So, what is your reaction when Faster comes on? I mean, the majority of Manics fans will regard it as their fave track.

"OH DEADLY. oh.... God.... everyone is going mad. this ain't right."

It's just that album is so far removed from the rest of their catalogue that I wish they didn't play anything from it live. They played bleedin' Die in the Summertime at oxegen (i think?) a few years ago and it was just ridiculous when it was followed by Australia or something.

Plus there's a whole mentality where people think that's their only album worth listening to.

Guh.

I'd rather they replaced it with a song from Gold Against the Soul or Generation Terrorists.

whats the new manics album like?

nice.... single

i really liked that last single you stole the sun from my heart, deadly festival anthem!!11

aint no Road Rage by Catatonia

An acoustic version of Faster seems awful.

Of course they should play stuff from Holy Bible! It's many people's fave album, I don't understand why they shouldn't. Besides, they usually only play 1 or 2 from it anyway. Revol or PCP would be pretty good live I'd say.

I think the new album is great. A few great anthems in there. And a few that would be better forgotten about...

I suppose I'd rather they only played stuff from The Holy Bible or played none of it at all.

One of my favourite gigs ever was Manics in The Olympia in 1996, oddly enough I remember Removables being the highlight and honourable mentions go to From Despair To Where, Stay Beautiful and Theme From M.A.S.H. to which I pogo-ed like a loon.

I remember that Witness gig as well

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/manic...hestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-53d757f9.html

An acoustic version of Faster seems awful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ands that's a better version of the one they did on the Greatest Hits Tour which was essentially normal Faster at the same pace and intensity but played with an acoustic guitar which removed all the intensity of the song.

The new album is the same as all their recent ones since Know Your Enemy, a couple of good songs, a couple of shitty ones and a load of filler.

took this in sinnotts.... twats fookin talkin

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

scaled.php

Might leave after the opener

Ah now, that's a decent setlist.

My Little Empire, Roses, Stephen Hawking, This is Yesterday, Suicide is Painless... (and of course, Slash n Burn) are great choices.

Fuck off Tsunami though.

I know this will ruin my rep as a hardened thumped'r but MSP were my first ever gig when I was 14 and all I can remember was crying my eyes out (sobbing) as they played 'Roses in the Hospital'. It was the single most embarrassing moment of my entire life.

Most disillusioning moment of my life was last time they played, when they broke into Faster. The crowd reacted like it was their biggest, most famous, most cheerful anthem ever.

That's not right.

It's a song about total disgust, stop enjoying it!

anyway, yeah i'll probably go, get hammered and hope they play Stay Beautiful

I hope they play all their bad songs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back