Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

I just moved into a gaff with insulation.

Lads, I'm not even taking the piss here, life is amazing when you're not fucking freezing all the time. I've never really been cold continuously for months, and I sort of low key took the piss out of people who complained about the cold. But being cold all the fucking time isn't fun at all.

Like, my body hurt. All the joints I'd broken hurt, my hands hurt, my feet hurt. I'd try to get into the sea every day in March to KICK SHIT UP A NOTCH, and I'd be warm from that for maybe an hour, and back to freezing. Do some work, and then jumping squats and pressups until I felt a bit weak, and be warm for another 30 minutes.

It's amazing, life changingly amazing, to not be in a constant state of cold. The whole time over the last while I've been whining like an annoying fuck about being cold, I've been thinking about how homeless people would have this only worse. I'm going to figure out how to give homeless people shit to keep them warm from now on. I'd thought about "oh yeah, must be shit to be cold if you're homeless" before, but not realised how shit. It's really shit.

So yeah, insulated gaffs make life better.
nice one, flashback.

needless to say we all expect the invite down for our staycations

Lads, I'm not even taking the piss here, life is amazing when you're not fucking freezing all the time. I've never really been cold continuously for months, and I sort of low key took the piss out of people who complained about the cold. But being cold all the fucking time isn't fun at all.

Like, my body hurt. All the joints I'd broken hurt, my hands hurt, my feet hurt. I'd try to get into the sea every day in March to KICK SHIT UP A NOTCH, and I'd be warm from that for maybe an hour, and back to freezing. Do some work, and then jumping squats and pressups until I felt a bit weak, and be warm for another 30 minutes.

It's amazing, life changingly amazing, to not be in a constant state of cold. The whole time over the last while I've been whining like an annoying fuck about being cold, I've been thinking about how homeless people would have this only worse. I'm going to figure out how to give homeless people shit to keep them warm from now on. I'd thought about "oh yeah, must be shit to be cold if you're homeless" before, but not realised how shit. It's really shit.

Permanent cold is horrible alright. Next time you see a homeless dude swigging a bottle of whiskey, remember it's at least partially because they're freezing.

nice one, flashback.

needless to say we all expect the invite down for our staycations
Not sure if thumped posters are posh enough to visit Kinsale.

If you can brush up on: The Rugger, Yachts, Racing Yachts, "going for points with the lods", and the harsh injustices of being repeatedly caught for speeding and getting points, it's possible you MIGHT pass. Might.

I'm keeping the head down and researching starboard jibbards, halyards, and coxwain swithens.

I come from the home of Dubarry's, if that helps. I'll bring you some Dube's from, loike, the factory shop? Total yachting shoes.

I come from the home of Dubarry's, if that helps. I'll bring you some Dube's from, loike, the factory shop? Total yachting shoes.
If everyone went on a machete-ing murder rampage, and took out all wearers of those deck shoes in a machete frenzy, would the world really be in a worse place?

The conversations I'm hearing from punters around the place are amazing. One lad thought the best way to deal with all the speeding tickets he got was to ignore them, not pay the fine, and then when the judge asked him what he was playing at told Judge "he put it on his desk to pay but the secretary must have tidied it away into a drawer, and it slipped his mind". Three times.

And he's "FOKING OUTRAGED" now because he's "UP TO NOINE FOCKING POINTS NOW" and might have to face some consequences of his sustained cuntery.

I checked the shoes. No surprises there.

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day and he asked "Where's the posh bit of Ireland?" I said South Dublin.
He was confused, are there any other parts? I said no, there's not really anywhere like St. Ives. In England, there's a few seaside towns that are crazy expensive and posh, and yet there's other seaside towns that are just junkie hell-holes. It's weird.

I didn't think there was any wealthy enclaves outside of South Dublin/North Wicklow, but now that you mention it...

Anyway, I'll get you them Dube's yeah?

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day and he asked "Where's the posh bit of Ireland?" I said South Dublin.
He was confused, are there any other parts? I said no, there's not really anywhere like St. Ives. In England, there's a few seaside towns that are crazy expensive and posh, and yet there's other seaside towns that are just junkie hell-holes. It's weird.

I didn't think there was any wealthy enclaves outside of South Dublin/North Wicklow, but now that you mention it...

Anyway, I'll get you them Dube's yeah

Still in Dublin, but Castleknock & Portmarnock are pretty posh

Still in Dublin, but Castleknock & Portmarnock are pretty posh

Fair enough. The North Dublin/South Dublin thing was always just shorthand anyway. I always thought it was more East/West myself.

And talking about West Cork, I've only been the once, but yeah, I did notice that it was a bit fancy. It's not normal to have a Michelin starred restaurant in a small town, and then go to the next town and find another Michelin starred restaurant.

Fair enough. The North Dublin/South Dublin thing was always just shorthand anyway. I always thought it was more East/West myself.

And talking about West Cork, I've only been the once, but yeah, I did notice that it was a bit fancy. It's not normal to have a Michelin starred restaurant in a small town, and then go to the next town and find another Michelin starred restaurant.

Ah yeah West cork is full of brits aswell. Mostly Pretty posh alright

That's a good point.

Waterford, West Cork, here on the Dingle Peninsula, they're all a strange mix of rich west-brits, rich actual brits, hippies of all sorts and lots of still fairly poor Irish farming families.

It's not even that. Kilbarrack and Baldoyle, and even Raheny to an extent are hardly wealthy enclaves (except maybe in very recent years based on housing equity). Dublin in 1981 and 2021 are different worlds I guess.

So what kind of house did you get in the end? This time last year we were all stuck in the corona thread worrying about how you were gonna come home.

So what kind of house did you get in the end? This time last year we were all stuck in the corona thread worrying about how you were gonna come home.
I'm just renting this new place out for the sort of medium term.

I dunno what the story is with the housing market here, it seems that everything is an auction with offers and counter offers.

I'm just renting this new place out for the sort of medium term.

I dunno what the story is with the housing market here, it seems that everything is an auction with offers and counter offers.
oh yeah good point, they found a way of using corona to make the housing market even worse.

yep - having lived in multiple cold shitholes over the years I can relate.

Ireland as a whole pretty much only discovered the concept of insulation sometime in the late 90s

yep - having lived in multiple cold shitholes over the years I can relate.

Ireland as a whole pretty much only discovered the concept of insulation sometime in the late 90s
I find that to be both true and amazing.

Why no insulation before? Was it in other countries?

I hear people talking about over-insulation these days, houses that are so insulated that moisture can't escape and it's leading to all sorts of new damp problems. Fun times ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back