Major Pleasures (5 Viewers)

Oh thanks for that. I was only thinking last week that I'd like a podcast that's a bit like song exploder but which goes way deeper into what was done to make the tune. Less of the "this is the mood I was in when I recorded it" and more "yeah I went all buttons in on an 1176 and crushed the hell out of the vocals."

Yes, this guy almost gets as nerdy as you want him to. I'd say his 2hr live shows are much better but between this and Rick Beato's "why is this song great" thing it's not too bad.

Oh thanks for that. I was only thinking last week that I'd like a podcast that's a bit like song exploder but which goes way deeper into what was done to make the tune. Less of the "this is the mood I was in when I recorded it" and more "yeah I went all buttons in on an 1176 and crushed the hell out of the vocals."
I remember watching one of those in-depth Rick Beato videos on how a song is written/recorded and coming to the conclusion that if i had to watch one of these about what it takes to learn how to walk i'd never have done it. He makes All the Small Things sound like a section of Ulysses.

Last edited:
I despise rick beato. He's the youtube equivalent of someone playing sweet home alabama in letterkenny for 50 years. PLay the hits, feed of the creativity of others and reap the rewards.

How is Rick Beato able to do that Classic Albums thing of isolating certain tracks in a song to talk about them? Does he have to ask the band for that or is a lot of this stuff already in the public domain?

I despise rick beato. He's the youtube equivalent of someone playing sweet home alabama in letterkenny for 50 years. PLay the hits, feed of the creativity of others and reap the rewards.

I just had a look at the song choices for that what makes a song great thing. Is it possible to play it more safe? And no convincing will make me think Oasis are good at all on any level.

I just had a look at the song choices for that what makes a song great thing. Is it possible to play it more safe? And no convincing will make me think Oasis are good at all on any level.

You're right about his song choices, I mean, Enter Sandman? But it doesn't usually matter about the song, I like how he breaks down the way instruments work off each other and the musical theory behind why things sound the way they do and the choices made to get there.
There's an episode about some horrible Coldplay song that is good in that way.
Other times he'll completely ignore something, like when he did Epic by Faith No More and goes "here's the solo". I'd have liked him to get into that in more detail because it is brilliant.

last week i found two bikes needing only a tiny bit of care in 'hard rubbish' (kerbside rubbish collection) and then someone gave me a $1400 coffee machine because it was too high-maintenance for them (needs to be cleaned once a week)

My new monitors are fucking PROPER!

If my new album sounds shit call round and give me a good kick up the hole cos I've no excuse now

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back