Madball? (1 Viewer)

I'd think so.
But just see how Napalm Death was in Belfast last year, if i am not wrong it was less than a tenner, so can't immagine Madball being that different in price.

Napalm Death was £13, they were on pretty big money so it had to be that price. I can't see Madball getting as many people as they did in Belfast, I reckon around 200 people would be a good crowd for them. Sick of it All got about 230 people, and I'd consider them to be a good bit better known than Madball.

Just over 80 people for MDC. That's a good crowd really, it's above the current average.
Of those 80 people, I reckon maybe 20-30 at most would go to see Madball play, because it's basically a different kind of music and a lot of the Belfast punks aren't really interested in it. Plus I can't see the ones that have a passing interest paying £10+ to see it.
There would be metallers and some others going to see it, overall I reckon you'd be happy to get 150 to see Madball in Belfast.
At the moment, 1600 euro = 1280 sterling, that's more money than Sick of it All were looking and they just about broke even, with all the effort involved in those bigger gigs it probably wouldn't be worthwhile to do Madball in Belfast, even if it didn't actually lose any money.

The only way to really be able to get a big crowd is to do a one off in Dublin. So being it a one off people would come from all over Ireland i'd reckon.

Still, i think there are more worthwhile bands that could (and should, depends how you look at it) be invited to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back