Losing All Interest In Your Job (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
I've lost all interest in my PhD and my life has become an existential nightmare :)

Know that feeling but I think with study it comes and goes. You'll get motivated again if you keep at it I find. when things get a bit easier can get a lot done

i have been there. totally depressed in a job i hated. i used to call in sick and spend the day in the gym. i stuck it out until i had savings to survive for 1 month without pay quit and searched for a new job. nothing and i mean NOTHING is worth being that down about work

i've been feeling a bit grim about my job of late, really lacking motivation due to being treated like shit by the company. I'm grand when i'm actually teaching but as soon as i'm out of the classroom and in the oppressive staff room environment i'm as gloomy as anything.

new job please!!

i used to not mind my job felt i had a lot of time to express myself and think about stuff but i dont like my job anymore. but i cant think of anything better. i get over a months holiday that doesnt include bank holidays or my christma/easter leave. i have a choice of taking a break for a period of up to 5 years to do whatever and still have a job to come back to. so at the moement i'm just looking for something to catch my interest. oh yeah and my moods go from my usual estatically happy to sometimes a 2 week depression where i talk to no one:(

i used to not mind my job felt i had a lot of time to express myself and think about stuff but i dont like my job anymore. but i cant think of anything better. i get over a months holiday that doesnt include bank holidays or my christma/easter leave. i have a choice of taking a break for a period of up to 5 years to do whatever and still have a job to come back to. so at the moement i'm just looking for something to catch my interest. oh yeah and my moods go from my usual estatically happy to sometimes a 2 week depression where i talk to no one:(

what do you do?
have you considered a career in karaoke?

lads, im looking for an office job where i can sit around on the net all day,starting preferrably in june for at least 6 months.
do i just mark the envelope fao: the office manager?
any advice send it to my inbox.
fyi.
thnx

Building site clerk.
Dead handy, once they see you on the computer they assume you are working.
Be prepared to be called all manner of things... mostly "queer".
It's worth it for the money they pay though!
BTW Dont tell them it's only for 6 months or they wont take you on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back