longboards (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

(I know there was a thread previously made but I mysteriously can't find it.) I've wanted to get a longboard for ages and now i live in the land of tarmac and big hills. someone told me skate city was the place to go, but i'm not sure. has anyone attempted to assemble their own? if i'm buying a longboard in ireland how much should i expect to pay? the ones on ebay are about 150e. i'm kicking myself for not buying one in barcelona...
all help appreciated

hey. i just bought one about a month ago from http://www.stokedskateboards.com/ who are based in cali.
really recommend these guys, great service and delivery is pretty cheap, think it was 80 dollars for the complete board, helmet and pads to dublin. altho i had to pay 30 to the tax man.
got myself an earthwing supercharger 44" after doing a shitload of research. its a great all round board for carving and cruising and some moderate downhill.
got randall 180 trucks and pick powerball wheels and they are fuckin sweet, nice and grippy, good for irish roads and tarmac.
stoked assembled it for me, you could maybe shop around and buy seperates but you'd probably just end up payin more on delivery.
overall with the board, safety shit and delivery it came to about 250 dollars which is fairly good, you'll get ripped off in ireland, pay about 200 euros for some half arsed set up.
its great fun but it really takes it out of ya. i fucked up my ankle the first time i went out, couldnt go back on it for 2 weeks.
check out http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/
thats where i did me research and theres lots of shit you can learn there. dying to get meself a sliding set up now, maybe get yourself some harder wheels so u can change it up if u wanna slide. think the powerballs are a bit too grippy.
anywho, have fun!
this is the same set up as mine, except my board has a black on wood graphic and i have the new black randalls
CMPLT-EW-BOULD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back