Lighthouse cinema (1 Viewer)

It's a blockbluster, in fairness.
Show more main stream movies and get more customers, innit?

maybe they've realised that they can't just survive on independent art house films with no commercial appeal whatsoever and if they were to try to survive on such, they'd end up in liquidation like the previous owners.

A good mix i think is the correct.
it's also mostly fixed costs for the running of the place so by opening it up at 5am, all they need to do is cover the staff costs for the time.
the more butts on seats, the better it is as long as they keep having screens for the independent art house films.

maybe they've realised that they can't just survive on independent art house films with no commercial appeal whatsoever and if they were to try to survive on such, they'd end up in liquidation like the previous owners.

A good mix i think is the correct.
it's also mostly fixed costs for the running of the place so by opening it up at 5am, all they need to do is cover the staff costs for the time.
the more butts on seats, the better it is as long as they keep having screens for the independent art house films.

I love the place and am delighted it has opened back up. It's my go-to cinema and just a cross the river, which is dead handy. Plus one can then pop into the Dice for a drink after. A good mix is the way to go plus added special screenings like 'Stop Making Sense' is a winning combo. I hope it stays going strong.

Yeah, I'm all for it. I think they are doing a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back