Life Upstream (3 Viewers)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Ok there might be to many settlers here to really have a discussion about this album.... but...

First listen: Pfffftt probably never listen to it again.

Repeated Listens: Still a bit of a long haul through all those songs but cut out the dodgy ones (or is that dodgily played?) and there is a class album there. I implore anyone to play it at least 4 or 5 times more. Some of it is actually amazing!

my only ciriticism is that its too long. could've maybe done with a bit o' pruning - but that's a personal preferance. definitely some fan-tas-tic tunes on there.

Ok there might be to many settlers here to really have a discussion about this album.... but...

discuss away....I value the good and bad stuff anyone has to say. To be honest, the bad stuff is usually more valuable.

It is a long haul - we knew that this would bug people.....but in the end just didn't want to shelf songs for ony that reason...ah, well.

yis will hate their next album so

word on the street is its a live triple vinyl concept album

sides four, five and six are taken up with a three piece suite of 'rock operetta's' based on the theme of tasking a piss down a side street near snaky's house one cold saturday night on the way home from the pub.

side two consists entirely of Rumpus dropping stones into a bucket of soft chesse while Tim and Mike read the horoscopes from back issues of Heat magazine to each other in stereo.

crazy kids

Originally posted by Pantone247
yis will hate their next album so

word on the street is its a live triple vinyl concept album

sides four, five and six are taken up with a three piece suite of 'rock operetta's' based on the theme of tasking a piss down a side street near snaky's house one cold saturday night on the way home from the pub.

side two consists entirely of Rumpus dropping stones into a bucket of soft chesse while Tim and Mike read the horoscopes from back issues of Heat magazine to each other in stereo.

crazy kids

so its a capratone cover then?

Pantene pro conditioner is almost right - it's actually a 12-sided
concept japanese opera based on a german folk tale about the man who invented flagglebinders and also coined the phrase 'nah, I'm full thanks'.

Originally posted by rumpus
Pantene pro conditioner is almost right - it's actually a 12-sided
concept japanese opera based on a german folk tale about the man who invented flagglebinders and also coined the phrase 'nah, I'm full thanks'.

I love it!!

Its an avant garde masterpeice... that you can still buy fro granny at christmas! We'll saturate the day time radio shows, (get the bored and unfufilled in work demographic on board, very good demographic that), then we'll press some white label 12", get it on the dance floor, get the kids talking about it, the high buzz visability factor is key to this kind of market place, guys maybe I'm a bit premature but I'm seeing triple platnum garunteed! Gawd, I've got goosebumps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back