letraset transfers (1 Viewer)

carbide

any suggestions on where to find them in dublin? or online? (letraset.com charges €15 minimum for delivery by courier, eek!)

lots of typefaces and images would be nice, but even a few sheets of helvetica would be a start.

these were everywhere a couple of years ago, right? i feel a bit rip van winkel.

I think they have them in O'Sullivan Graphics off Aungier Street (Grantham Street?). A while since I was up there though. And I seem to remember them being expensive enough.

I wonder do Evan's have them (off Mary's Abbey, near Capel Street)?

Remember the little little cartoon ones you used to get, with superheroes, etc. and you'd have a background and you could make up your own story?

i'm pretty sure i saw some around in the last few weeks. if i saw them it was probably in evans's, or maybe easons on o'connell st. but maybe u've tried those places already. u might be able to get evans to order some in for you.

they were called Calkeytoes or something. I had the star wars one of the ice battle.

I think they have them in O'Sullivan Graphics off Aungier Street (Grantham Street?). A while since I was up there though. And I seem to remember them being expensive enough.

Remember the little little cartoon ones you used to get, with superheroes, etc. and you'd have a background and you could make up your own story?

o'sullivans moved or something, i was there before xmas, the place was a mess. they didn't seem to have any signs up saying where they were moving to. edit: so maybe they closed down

they were called Calkeytoes or something. I had the star wars one of the ice battle.

There were loads apparently.

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/atranges.html

God, I love the 'net.

EDIT: Closest I could find....
moseisleysmall_i.jpg

Apparently, they were different things. Letraset rivals, I assume. Kalkitos are probably the Lidl version.

Strange that, 'cos I always knew them as both, just thought that one was johnny foreign. Like Marathon and Snickers, way back when.

I don't remember them selling Kalkitos in the 17 shops in Cabra. Only the Letraset.

Anyone got any more info on these things? I'm fascinated.

Letraset (and others) are just letters*. Kalkitos was pictures that you transfered on a supplied background. There was a knack to it. I had that star wars posted earlier. The transfers always ended up on your copies.

edit* there was oter stuff besides letters

i didn't think they still made them. What are you using it for?

a few little projects, nothing terribly important. i imagine they were a right pain in the arse to use precisely in large amounts, but i'm not a big one for precision, so, perfect.

reads on nassau st have them...

hooray, thank you! i got fed up before i checked there.

and, evans definitely don't carry them, or anything from letraset (they were most specific), although they suggested flynn's opposite DIT bolton street, which i didn't get to check either.

(i never knew kalkitos had a name! always hated the shape of the plastic burnishing tool.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back