letraset transfers (2 Viewers)

carbide

any suggestions on where to find them in dublin? or online? (letraset.com charges €15 minimum for delivery by courier, eek!)

lots of typefaces and images would be nice, but even a few sheets of helvetica would be a start.

these were everywhere a couple of years ago, right? i feel a bit rip van winkel.

I think they have them in O'Sullivan Graphics off Aungier Street (Grantham Street?). A while since I was up there though. And I seem to remember them being expensive enough.

I wonder do Evan's have them (off Mary's Abbey, near Capel Street)?

Remember the little little cartoon ones you used to get, with superheroes, etc. and you'd have a background and you could make up your own story?

i'm pretty sure i saw some around in the last few weeks. if i saw them it was probably in evans's, or maybe easons on o'connell st. but maybe u've tried those places already. u might be able to get evans to order some in for you.

they were called Calkeytoes or something. I had the star wars one of the ice battle.

I think they have them in O'Sullivan Graphics off Aungier Street (Grantham Street?). A while since I was up there though. And I seem to remember them being expensive enough.

Remember the little little cartoon ones you used to get, with superheroes, etc. and you'd have a background and you could make up your own story?

o'sullivans moved or something, i was there before xmas, the place was a mess. they didn't seem to have any signs up saying where they were moving to. edit: so maybe they closed down

they were called Calkeytoes or something. I had the star wars one of the ice battle.

There were loads apparently.

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/atranges.html

God, I love the 'net.

EDIT: Closest I could find....
moseisleysmall_i.jpg

Apparently, they were different things. Letraset rivals, I assume. Kalkitos are probably the Lidl version.

Strange that, 'cos I always knew them as both, just thought that one was johnny foreign. Like Marathon and Snickers, way back when.

I don't remember them selling Kalkitos in the 17 shops in Cabra. Only the Letraset.

Anyone got any more info on these things? I'm fascinated.

Letraset (and others) are just letters*. Kalkitos was pictures that you transfered on a supplied background. There was a knack to it. I had that star wars posted earlier. The transfers always ended up on your copies.

edit* there was oter stuff besides letters

i didn't think they still made them. What are you using it for?

a few little projects, nothing terribly important. i imagine they were a right pain in the arse to use precisely in large amounts, but i'm not a big one for precision, so, perfect.

reads on nassau st have them...

hooray, thank you! i got fed up before i checked there.

and, evans definitely don't carry them, or anything from letraset (they were most specific), although they suggested flynn's opposite DIT bolton street, which i didn't get to check either.

(i never knew kalkitos had a name! always hated the shape of the plastic burnishing tool.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back