leaving a car at an airport? (1 Viewer)

fiver a day at quickpark, €8 at the other one for dublin airport

cheaper than 2 taxis

pete said:
fiver a day at quickpark, €8 at the other one for dublin airport

cheaper than 2 taxis

well that would depend on where on how long you're gone for and where you live in dublin, and how much luggage you have as to whether you could get the bus, to state the bleedin obvious.

long term bob... that sounds like short term. wait, you flying from cork or dubland? left the car at cork airport in the long term for a week last year and it cost a little over €20. which is probably about the same or a little less than a return taxi ride. if it's dublin, why not get the aircoach. knowharramean?

edit: ah. cork. read the fucking posts first darragh. ok...

you bringing a few heads over with you? cos you can split the costage with them, ¿no?

yeah, you need to park at the long term though. which, when you're heading down off the main road toward the airport, it's right at the roundabout that brings you up to the great southern hotel. it's signposted anyway. it's a big carpark more or less in front of the new terminal. you'll be looking at a 5 minute walk... also, I use the word carpark loosely. and good luck finding a fucking parking space, it's always packed!!! :p

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Might be a slightly misplaced question, but what's the food like in kittyhawk's next to that place? Might be good for the spot of breakfast before heading off next week?
i doubt the free airport shuttle stops there though, so you'd have to walk up after you park & back again.

the food in the new (?) place above the duty free shops looks grand

Be the Hokey said:
well that would depend on where on how long you're gone for and where you live in dublin, and how much luggage you have as to whether you could get the bus, to state the bleedin obvious.
almost anything would be cheaper than a taxi to and from the airport, both financially and emotionally.

pete said:
i doubt the free airport shuttle stops there though, so you'd have to walk up after you park & back again.

the food in the new (?) place above the duty free shops looks grand
Place in the departure lounge circle terminal place? It's ok, little overpriced and portions are small. Could do with a gutbuster to help sleep on the plane.

And i checked the quickpark site, they've a shuttle running from them to the airport every five mins.

PS here, pete, how long's the drive from bray to the airport usually?

Dropped my old dear's motor to the airport on saturday at 3.00, she picked it up at 10.30pm that evening. £30 euro. M50 would have you from bray to airport in less than 1 hour.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Place in the departure lounge circle terminal place? It's ok, little overpriced and portions are small. Could do with a gutbuster to help sleep on the plane.

And i checked the quickpark site, they've a shuttle running from them to the airport every five mins.

PS here, pete, how long's the drive from bray to the airport usually?
yeah but the shuttle would be from the car park, not kittyhawks. and people in wicklow should get their own airport.

Corey said:
Dropped my old dear's motor to the airport on saturday at 3.00, she picked it up at 10.30pm that evening. £30 euro. M50 would have you from bray to airport in less than 1 hour.
should have used the long term not the short stay

Quickpark rules, has made my life so much easer since I got a car. As pete says if you want to eat in the place next door best to drive there first and then park the car. Never been into kittywhateverits called myself though.

Oh yeah and book online before you go, I've been there a few times and they have turned people away who didn't have a booking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back