Latest addictive profile website (2 Viewers)

billygannon said:
I dunno...

In Egypt a fella who has the sausage in the backdoor sandwich is still considered straight, while the the fella supplying the bread is considered gay.

Would all this imply that a virgin is not bi, straight or gay or all of them. Basically, are virgins gameball for both teams?
well now... that sure makes a lot of sense, billums. ;)

spectraljanitor said:
i agree with yr first point.
:eek:
but yr second is nuts!!
(unless you are brett anderson in disguise!)
How is that nuts? Just because 'straight' is the default sexual identity doesn't mean you can't know you are anything else until you 'try'.

The fact that straightness is assumed, but that being anything else seems to require other criteria just goes to reaffirm the idea that sexuality must always be defined against straightness. I knew I was straight from a young age, long before I'd ever even smooched a fella, so why can't a gay person know the same about him or herself without having to act it out? Why may straight people choose the way their sexuality is acted out, but gay/people are defined by sexual activity? Sexual identity and sexual activity are not the exact same thing, which is why it's somewhat different from training monkeys (unless you're, you know, 'into that sort of thing').

jane said:
Sexual identity and sexual activity are not the exact same thing
surely one implies the other?you are what you eat and all that.
otherwise its all just aspirational.
unless you are speaking of desire. which is a different thing to sexual identity.

jane said:
How is that nuts? Just because 'straight' is the default sexual identity doesn't mean you can't know you are anything else until you 'try'.

The fact that straightness is assumed, but that being anything else seems to require other criteria just goes to reaffirm the idea that sexuality must always be defined against straightness. I knew I was straight from a young age, long before I'd ever even smooched a fella, so why can't a gay person know the same about him or herself without having to act it out? Why may straight people choose the way their sexuality is acted out, but gay/people are defined by sexual activity? Sexual identity and sexual activity are not the exact same thing, which is why it's somewhat different from training monkeys (unless you're, you know, 'into that sort of thing').
get thee to the eirecore message board where they talk a lot of wind ;)

jane said:
This actually doesn't make much sense.

You are what you eat? Does that make men pussies?
well the ones who eat pussy are.

the entire area of sexual identity is a swamp with extra quicksand. i reckon that peoples identities (including sexual) are not fixed and change over time. maybe just a few degrees either way or full on off the scale. i suppose it depends if you act on your desires or not. bisexuality is like being an equal opportunities employer? mebbe it's really id-driven? or maybe its really liberating? who can say? in general i've met a lot of people who considerthemselves bisexual who never have had a sexual experience with someone of the same sex. this is confusing. i like hugging the person i am in love with:)

:eek: jesus, i never thought about it like that...

ruffino, it's that kind of thinking that will undermine our safe and predictable community. you're a trouble maker. cats are grown-up pussies, stop trying to confuse the issue. bold jane. you are bold.

jane said:
This actually doesn't make much sense.

You are what you eat? Does that make men pussies?

look, for fuck sake... people who say they are bi-sexual without ever having had a bi-sexual experience are just pretending to be cool, semantics aside.

person: "i've had a same sex sexual experience. i liked it and will probably do it again"

is this person bi-sexual? in my opinion, yes.

person:" i've never had a same sex sexual expereince but i wouldn't like to rule anything out..."

is this person bi-sexual? no. but that's not to say they might not move from being straight to being bi-sexual at some point in their lives.

person: "i've had a same sex sexual experience but wasn't gone on it to be honest"

is this person bi-sexual? no, obviously not, but they have had a bi-sexual experience.

i think this makes sense... but that's just me. ah crap, it's come down to opinions again, my worst enemy.

hag said:
person:" i've never had a same sex sexual expereince but i wouldn't like to rule anything out..."

is this person bi-sexual? no. but that's not to say they might not move from being straight to being bi-sexual at some point in their lives.
so, if someone has never had a sexual experience involving another person, but wants to, does that mean they're asexual?

hag said:
look, for fuck sake... people who say they are bi-sexual without ever having had a bi-sexual experience are just pretending to be cool, semantics aside.

person: "i've had a same sex sexual experience. i liked it and will probably do it again"

is this person bi-sexual? in my opinion, yes.

person: "i've had a same sex sexual experience but wasn't gone on it to be honest"

is this person bi-sexual? no, obviously not, but they have had a bi-sexual experience.

i think this makes sense... but that's just me. ah crap, it's come down to opinions again, my worst enemy.
thats what i was trying to say:)

Liadain said:
so, if someone has never had a sexual experience invloving another person, but wants to, does that mean they're asexual?
no, probably just "bi-curious", the term of choice in many esteemed hair salons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back