Ladies - recent shoe purchases (2 Viewers)

afaik, camper have a fairly good returns policy if there's something actually wrong with the shoe (eg the stitching separating after only a couple of months) - bring 'em back.

I just got a brand new pair, no questions asked. I also got a small jenga game and a free cotton bag "as a gift." Lovely bunch of people altogether.

You wouldn't get that kind of action in TK maxx but I suppose you get what you pay for.

i have a hankering for red maryjanes (and i think i remember your ones, they were lovely), but NOBODY IS MAKING THEM AT THE MOMENT. harrumph.

heh, i went on about them enough. i seriously think that needful things a la stephen king set up in rome for the day i was there and then vanished with all their perfect perfect stock.

(dr martens had some red maryjanes last time i checked, and they weren't awful, but maybe not yr thing. clarks had an insubstantial frilly version too.)

i wish there was a shop doing well-designed, simple things in loads of colours and cuts. (fashiony people: is there a reason this doesn't really exist?) i think this is why i hate shopping and it's worst with shoes because i can't just get pissed off and make my own.

digging this thread up because i need help but am a bit too embarrassed about being fixated on a pair of shoes to face starting a new thread.

here is a photo stolen from somewhere on the internet:

bbe0_1.jpg

topshop had these for ages. i don't wear heels so i kept going in to, er, visit them, and now that i've actually got the right occasion coming up, they've stopped carrying them. jervis has two pairs left in taupey grey, and if either was in my size i'd be buying them to dye.

any suggestions for alternatives? black or red for preference, and the t-bar ankle strap is the bit about them that i like. i kind of hate wedges.

ok these are recentish so i lined them all up so you could see.

ill start from the right: dark green patent peep toes. got them in nine west last october.
black and white 20's style heels: i fucking love these, comfy and flattering, from schuh at christmas.
leopard print peep toes: 20 quid at dunnes at christmas. LOVE them.
flat round toe flat: some well known high street shoe shop (that i cant remember the name of) in london at christmas. very comfy.
black skull and crossbone flats: topshop at christmas. 20 pounds and they are my fave pair, wear them all the time.
trusty converse: going on 6 years old now. falling apart, will never throw away. like wearing slippers. bad in rain but.

:D

DSC06604.jpg

and i probably wont buy shoes for another three years now cos these will do me.
except for flip flops, cos i go through so many each year.

digging this thread up because i need help but am a bit too embarrassed about being fixated on a pair of shoes to face starting a new thread.

here is a photo stolen from somewhere on the internet:

bbe0_1.jpg

topshop had these for ages. i don't wear heels so i kept going in to, er, visit them, and now that i've actually got the right occasion coming up, they've stopped carrying them. jervis has two pairs left in taupey grey, and if either was in my size i'd be buying them to dye.

any suggestions for alternatives? black or red for preference, and the t-bar ankle strap is the bit about them that i like. i kind of hate wedges.

the wonderful thing about t bars is that they will always look good. and from what i remember you are blessed with a pair of slim ankles so i reckon you;d look fabolous in them.

i look at them and keep thinking "they would have been found in jenny vanders" but you want a new pair right?

DSC06604.jpg

and i probably wont buy shoes for another three years now cos these will do me.
except for flip flops, cos i go through so many each year.

Hurrah. I had my eye on those black & white ones but I had to talk myself out of it because I have too many black & white accessories and ALWAYS resort to wearing the same ones all the time all together anyway. Those black and red flats are flippin awesome and it doesn't look like you wear them much- givvus them.

Hurrah. I had my eye on those black & white ones but I had to talk myself out of it because I have too many black & white accessories and ALWAYS resort to wearing the same ones all the time all together anyway. Those black and red flats are flippin awesome and it doesn't look like you wear them much- givvus them.

thanks! yup - when i was in schuh at christmas i was tearing my hair out it was so hard to choose ONE pair but as soon as I saw these I ditched the others cos i knew they;d be a good investment :)

regarding the black and red flats, i wore them again today and have to say they'll be worn again alot more ove rthe next while. i wear insoles with those cos they were a wee bit too big and the next size down was too small. they are super comfy - wish i could remember the name of the place i got them!

thanks! yup - when i was in schuh at christmas i was tearing my hair out it was so hard to choose ONE pair but as soon as I saw these I ditched the others cos i knew they;d be a good investment :)

Oh God, the Schuh Christmas sale. I went a bit nuts. Had to buy online and get stuff delivered due to the sheer volume of shoes I inisited on getting. And I haven't worn a single pair of them yet because in my giddy online shopping frenzy I never considered that I didn't have anything to match any of the shoes. I'm yet to rectify the problem. Oh well.

Oh God, the Schuh Christmas sale. I went a bit nuts. Had to buy online and get stuff delivered due to the sheer volume of shoes I inisited on getting. And I haven't worn a single pair of them yet because in my giddy online shopping frenzy I never considered that I didn't have anything to match any of the shoes. I'm yet to rectify the problem. Oh well.

shortly after christmas kirstie had another shoe thread and we posted pics of some of our favourite schuh's from the season - there was one brand i remember trying on - cant remembe rthe name though, they had heaps of round-toed chunky-looking heels, some with polka dots and others with lace....did you buy any of those?

id be jealous....;)

c0De_n1NjA

i'm gay for shoes

good on ya! join in the discussion!

Like these ones from my earlier post on this thread? You see the black pair there? My idiot dog ate them. I miss them so.

yes! those ones. i *heart* them so.

tried on a hunnerd pairs before going for the aforementioned black and white ones.

cant believe your dog ate them; heartbreaking!!!!

the wonderful thing about t bars is that they will always look good. and from what i remember you are blessed with a pair of slim ankles so i reckon you;d look fabolous in them.

i look at them and keep thinking "they would have been found in jenny vanders" but you want a new pair right?

aw, cheers la la. i'd much prefer second hand or vintage actually - for some reason i have a mental block about jenny vander, thinking it's super-expensive, but i think that's just a weird expectation of used=cheap. so i'll go and have a look there, thank you.

p.s. your black and white brogue-ish heels there are high on the back up plan list. cute cute cute, even if they will mean learning to walk again.

aw, cheers la la. i'd much prefer second hand or vintage actually - for some reason i have a mental block about jenny vander, thinking it's super-expensive, but i think that's just a weird expectation of used=cheap. so i'll go and have a look there, thank you.

p.s. your black and white brogue-ish heels there are high on the back up plan list. cute cute cute, even if they will mean learning to walk again.

nah, they're dead easy to walk in cos of the strap and not that high..

i preferred the old jenny vanders but it only moved across the street didnt it?>

trusty converse: going on 6 years old now. falling apart, will never throw away. like wearing slippers. bad in rain but.

Tried to give ya rep for the converse. Mine fell off my feet about a year ago outside some hotel in dublin. I threw one of them down the street and the other one at the door of the hotel. Then I walked to office in my stocking feet.

Thought I was going to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back