Ladies - recent shoe purchases (1 Viewer)

Any pair of Camper shoes I've had have actually been hopeless pieces of badly fitting shit. I had a pink pair with icecreams on them, the strap snapped after about a month. When we were in Iceland this summer the shoes I had taken with me for walking in crippled me to the extent I ended up buying this frump-a-licious pair of Campers much against my better judgement. Guess what? The fabric insole started to shred almost immediately and of course I can't return them as buying a return flight to Reykjavik for the purposes of would just be a BIT SILLY.

the sturdiest, comfiest, cutest pair of shoes i've ever had were red camper maryjanes, which lasted through two years of being worn more or less daily through a lot of walking and even more getting soaked in the rain.

since they died (in a metro station in paris, rip) i've been haunting the camper shop and website, and am wondering if the ones i bought were fakes or some kind of mean trick. most of the new styles look frumpy, weirdly rubber-moulded and strappy, or generally less gorgeous and handmade than the ones i had before.

i still haven't found a replacement and am just going through cheap shoes in frustration because nothing seems to manage flat/comfortable/cute now. in summary, no recent shoe purchases other than penneys converse knock-offs.

Here I know this is a women thread but I have a quick shoe related question.

I bought a pair of camper shoes/boots about two months ago. On one shoe the stitching has just started to separate on the achilles and because they got really wet one day they're starting to slightly rot and stink a bit.

I have the reciept somewhere, bought in the camper store.

Can I bring em back and expect replacement? They were kinda pricey. The water damage doesn’t look noticeable, not to me anyway.

you can return campers for up to two years.

shit. i've been snared reading this thread...

Any pair of Camper shoes I've had have actually been hopeless pieces of badly fitting shit. I had a pink pair with icecreams on them, the strap snapped after about a month. When we were in Iceland this summer the shoes I had taken with me for walking in crippled me to the extent I ended up buying this frump-a-licious pair of Campers much against my better judgement. Guess what? The fabric insole started to shred almost immediately and of course I can't return them as buying a return flight to Reykjavik for the purposes of would just be a BIT SILLY.

gah, that's annoying. maybe i've just been lucky, but i've had a couple of pairs of campers that lasted for aaaaages (it will be a sad day when my brown shoes with monkeys on finally give up the ghost. i love my monkeyshoes.).

the sturdiest, comfiest, cutest pair of shoes i've ever had were red camper maryjanes, which lasted through two years of being worn more or less daily through a lot of walking and even more getting soaked in the rain.

i have a hankering for red maryjanes (and i think i remember your ones, they were lovely), but NOBODY IS MAKING THEM AT THE MOMENT. harrumph.

i also want a replacement pair of silver converse when my ones die, and i can't find them either. why will footwear retailers not pander to my every whim?

It wasn't meant to be serious. Just a joke.

that's what Michael Richards said

kramer027.jpg

I bought these lovely Fornarina shoes at the weekend in Rome, after trying on about a thousand shoes in Dublin last week, they're for a wedding this weekend.

The only other ones I liked were Marc Jacobs black roundy toe velvet and patent ones, amazing but 400 euro too expensive....

Attachments

• 3832-288728-d.jpg
    3832-288728-d.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 32
I'm crap with shoes. I've only bought one pair of shoes ever (that aren't trainers) and that I can walk in! and I have to wear them to work every day so they're ruined now. Sigh. I bought a pair of bright red patent slingbacks in Payless in Chicago ($15)...They look kind of tramp-y but in a good way. But by good, I am CRIPPLED when I wear them. Why did I have to inherit my mum's boney feet?

there's a horny shoe shop in vancouver. local designer. john fluevog is his name.
http://www.fluevog.com check him out. i believe they ship to wherever.

the men's shoes are only gorgeous, slightly impractical and kind of expensive.

like check these bad boys out

zoom.jpg

I bought these lovely Fornarina shoes at the weekend in Rome, after trying on about a thousand shoes in Dublin last week, they're for a wedding this weekend.

The only other ones I liked were Marc Jacobs black roundy toe velvet and patent ones, amazing but 400 euro too expensive....

ohh stylish! you'll get tons of wear out of them too.

i just realised today that all my shoes are shit therefore im gonna have to buy more.

It was at that moment that I realised that I bla bla bla

what's the gay guy called? you're him.

more pics more pics. i love shoes. i think i might love coats more though. i love a-wear at the moment. they change their stock weekly.
i got these recently in office. i wanted the navy ones but they didn't have my size :(

View attachment 4149

more pics more pics. i love shoes. i think i might love coats more though. i love a-wear at the moment. they change their stock weekly.
i got these recently in office. i wanted the navy ones but they didn't have my size :(

View attachment 4149
Oo nice. Could use a pair like them for tarting round the office. Can you remember how much they cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back