Ladies: latest amazing makeup discoveries (1 Viewer)

coraline said:
Has anyone used primer ? Is it worth it ?

Mac have one thats meant to be v. good.

I don't know if it qualifies as a primer but I use Clarins Beauty Flash Balm- one of the all-time greatest inventions for faces. You apply a thin layer just before your make-up and it makes your skin look bright and radiant plus your make-up stays looking immaculate and freshly applied for ages. That one's definitely worth it, makes a big difference.

That baume eclat shit? That's cool. Really good in summer when it's too warm to wear make up.

Re. primer- I can't wear foundation without it. Max Factor do a 2 step make up thing with primer. Estee Lauder do one for about €30 called Idealist and it's so amazing. It actually makes your skin feel like velvet and foundation sits on it really well.

frona said:
Is Dr Hauska make up really crap? When their moisturisers and stuff are so nice? Cos I was thinking of throwing out my four year old bottle of number 7 crap foundation and me two stargazer eyeshadows :eek: and changing over to some grown up's make up. I was going to buy a load of Hauska with my work discount because I may not be a health food shop assistant for much longer! All the girls/ladies at work use it and they say it's good... Then again, I very rarely wear any so maybe it's not worth splashing out on expensive Dr Hauska :confused:
trust me, Dr Haushka make-up is crap! I had bought some and had to go back in and fuck it back at Blu Eriu. It goes all bally on you face when you try applying it.

Wormo said:
I've just started using 'Johnson's Holiday Skin'.

Updates to follow.

I stockpiled a load of this last year during the frenzy that swpet the nation's offices. It's quite good if you apply it properly, but the faint stench of fake tan that lingers is rank.

helena said:
I stockpiled a load of this last year during the frenzy that swpet the nation's offices. It's quite good if you apply it properly, but the faint stench of fake tan that lingers is rank.
I heard it smells nasty alright. How long does the stink linger for?

I've used a cheapo Ambre Solaire one for years and it does the trick with no smears (if applied properly) and not much niff.

the thing I dislike most about fake tan is the stench of it. Not keen.

No new makeup discoveries recently, too poor to be perusing the joys of BT's etc.

That Johnsons shit don't stink at all! It's like putting on moisturiser.

After 3 days and 2 applications, I am no longer blue, and I put my arm up to someone elses and for the first time in my life (this is not a joke) my skin looked darker than someone elses. It's really subtle.

minka said:
i have never got the hang of liquid eyeliner, i think it's a combination of short-sightedness and having very deep-set eyes. though i do a nifty eyelining job with mac greensmoke shadow and a very skinny brush.

erm, let's see, what are my makeup essentials - prescriptives traceless foundation (good and doesn't seem to annoy my skin), clinique naturally glossy mascara, nars orgasm blush (expensive, but lasts forever and ever), various mac and stila eye shadows. i used to also be a big fan of benefit's naughty feather cream eyeshadow, except they both changed the formulation and put it in a much smaller container for the same amount of money. boo.

we will not mention my unfortunate lipstick "habit". the fact that there are at least six in my bag at the moment is, er, just a fluke. honest.

i'm a bit all over the place in my skincare at the mo - i'm using a dermalogica cleanser that i really like, but ran out of the matching moisturizer and didn't replace it because i wanted something with an spf. then everything i got with an spf gave me spots. bah. oh, and i use origins modern friction face scrub every so often, which is unbelievably good.

I'm very prone to outbreaks due to various moisturisers.. surprisingly the olay spf 15 one seems to do the trick themed with a clarins cleanser which is slightly too perfumed but has me skin looking ahlright.

I found all Neutragena moisturiser sucky they always come of in snot like balls. Gross. and overpriced for that kinda quality.

Have just been using muslin facecloths to exfoliate face, cheap and effective. just buy a load of muslin from hickeys or some such place.

sarah said:
I'm very prone to outbreaks due to various moisturisers.. surprisingly the olay spf 15 one seems to do the trick themed with a clarins cleanser which is slightly too perfumed but has me skin looking ahlright.

it's really really good - it's cheap but it works far better than loads of other ones I've tried and the SPF in it is also a huge bonus. I totally swear by olay dese days. I am a big fan of the vichy normaderm range and I may have mentioned that a time or 20 already (I notice they're pushing via tv ads recently, must get the new night cream) and that seems to keep my skin in pretty decent nick, excepting hormonal outbreaks that nothing can prevent.

actually bitches! I DO have a new discovery - moisturising gloves. I began to be afeared I would develop madonna claws so I got these things in the chemist (5.99 in the place I got them - ELEVEN quid in body shop - for thin cotton gloves, rippp) and basically you slap a ton of hand cream on your paws, put on the gloves and wear them overnight - you look a bit like minnie mouse - but one must suffer for beauty and whatnot. And in the morn you have lovely smooth silky hands.

Wormo said:
That Johnsons shit don't stink at all! It's like putting on moisturiser.

After 3 days and 2 applications, I am no longer blue, and I put my arm up to someone elses and for the first time in my life (this is not a joke) my skin looked darker than someone elses. It's really subtle.

It smells like pineapples, sure. How that could be considered stinky I don't understand.

For girlies (like me) whose shoddy application of fake tan tends to leave them stripey and angry in the manner of our feline friend here:

Siberian%20Tiger%20471057.jpg

I highly recommend No7. Oh sure, it leaves a strange mudlike residue on your sheets/clothes/towels but that washes right out and you're left with lightly and evenly bronzed skin. Hurrah!

Oooo makeup...

My foundation search ended happily with Armani Luminous Skin Foundation, its amazing, thought it would make me shiny but its lovely and lasts well and the colour is perfect . Yay. And its exactly half the price of the very expensivo Prescriptives one I was using.

Also got a sample pot of Mac Prep and Prime which is my best ever discovery, makes your skin all soft and smooth, no more shiny nose an hour after putting on foundation :)
The sample pot has lasted a month so far and its not empty yet, you only need a teeny bit...

I tried the Johnsons Holiday Skin stuff last year and it made me streaky and orange after one application. Ick. So just bought Benefit Jiffy Tan which is not fake tan so doesnt have stinky smell, its a tinted lotion that
washes off and gives nice even colour.

kirstie said:
actually bitches! I DO have a new discovery - moisturising gloves. I began to be afeared I would develop madonna claws so I got these things in the chemist (5.99 in the place I got them - ELEVEN quid in body shop - for thin cotton gloves, rippp) and basically you slap a ton of hand cream on your paws, put on the gloves and wear them overnight - you look a bit like minnie mouse - but one must suffer for beauty and whatnot. And in the morn you have lovely smooth silky hands.

I second that! had to take evasive action as I was getting
frighteningly weathered hobo hands from being outside all day.
I did go with the rip off ones as it was a spur of the moment buy, and got a lovely almond rescue hand cream from body shop to go with as a treat, but apparently any old moisturiser slapped on in large quantities will do.
I recommend all those tons of left over face moisturisers that are too greasy to use there.
(These are also good for a saddle hardenend ass )

coraline said:
Oooo makeup...

My foundation search ended happily with Armani Luminous Skin Foundation, .

Agreed! It's the best foundation ever. I am addicted to Smashbox make up at the minute. It stays on forever.

hinterhesting. I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket at the mo. I was going to buy shoes..

deedee said:
Agreed! It's the best foundation ever. I am addicted to Smashbox make up at the minute. It stays on forever.

The nice Armani people in BT wil give you a little sample bottle of the Luminous Skin if you ask, 3 or 4 days worth to see if you like it, or as the girl said, 3 faces worth, which I thought was a strange way of putting it...

My latest quandary is sunscreen, after reading a scary article about the evil ageing effects of the sun. I use SPF 15 moisturiser but now thinking this is not enough seeing as I have very pale skin. Do any of you wear sunscreen and if so whats a good one ? What factor ?
Do you apply before or after moisturiser, and do you have to wait ages than before putting on foundation ? Does it not make your face greasy ? Help...

right so, good excuse to go to arnotts to also spend 100 euro on this pair of shoes I saw yesterday. Hooha.

I use Olay Total Effects Day during the day now, I really like it. It doesn't peel off in sticky lumps 3 hours later and doesn't clog my pores and whatnot and it has SPF15 in it, hopefully that'll be enough. I dunno if I could be arsed with a separate SPF.

Oh I must elicit opinions on orange lipgloss. I don't wish to sound like chantelle or anything, but I really like orange gloss, and wear it all the time.

coraline said:
The nice Armani people in BT wil give you a little sample bottle of the Luminous Skin if you ask, 3 or 4 days worth to see if you like it, or as the girl said, 3 faces worth, which I thought was a strange way of putting it...

My latest quandary is sunscreen, after reading a scary article about the evil ageing effects of the sun. I use SPF 15 moisturiser but now thinking this is not enough seeing as I have very pale skin. Do any of you wear sunscreen and if so whats a good one ? What factor ?
Do you apply before or after moisturiser, and do you have to wait ages than before putting on foundation ? Does it not make your face greasy ? Help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back