Ladies: latest amazing makeup discoveries (1 Viewer)

you know, what the world needs is a makeup blog. I read many and varied shoe and bag blogs but have never found a decent makeup one. Well now, I might start one, when I get 5 minutes.

Hooha! A project!

kirstie said:
Oh I must elicit opinions on orange lipgloss. I don't wish to sound like chantelle or anything, but I really like orange gloss, and wear it all the time.

As long as you don't start sporting an orange face to match you should be alright.

This poor unfortunate stewardess on a recent aerlingus flight had an orange face orange lips (more foundationy than glossy though) but forgot to do anything past her ears.
Due to the fact she had her hair scraped back in a bun you could see her gleaming white neck. making her look like she was two seperate people.

Why why do people decide it's a good idea to colour yourself in in a shade that only flower pots are meant to be.

Irish girls should revel in the paleness.

oompaloompa.jpg

sarah said:
As long as you don't start sporting an orange face to match you should be alright.

This poor unfortunate stewardess on a recent aerlingus flight had an orange face orange lips (more foundationy than glossy though) but forgot to do anything past her ears.
Due to the fact she had her hair scraped back in a bun you could see her gleaming white neck. making her look like she was two seperate people.

Why why do people decide it's a good idea to colour yourself in in a shade that only flower pots are meant to be.

sarah said:
big time!!! we live pretty much in the middle of the northern hemisphere!!! that would suit our global position!!!! and climate etc. heh heh heh.

oompa loompa ompedy doo
I've got an overpriced cup of coffee for you

kirstie said:
you know, what the world needs is a makeup blog. I read many and varied shoe and bag blogs but have never found a decent makeup one. Well now, I might start one, when I get 5 minutes.

Hooha! A project!

www.cosmeticconnection.com Good but v. American. We need an Irish one !

www.makeupalley.com - has a forum and lots of insanely detailed product reviews for every product that ever existed. The perfume section is scary, they are all like mad scientists.

What are these shoe and bag blogs you speak of ? Do share :)

Have you heard of Pinko bags ? Lovely tote bags from Italy with Pinko Bag in sequins on the side, just got one this week from my sister in Milan.

ja I have seen makeup alley before, but it's very...sanitised...looking or something, it's not delveable (if such a word exists).

I check www.shoewawa.com and www.thebaglady.tv each and every day. The shoe one is better than the bag one. And I look at The Manolo fairly often because it is the funny.

Also, www.gofugyourself.com is amazing.

coraline said:

www.makeupalley.com - has a forum and lots of insanely detailed product reviews for every product that ever existed. The perfume section is scary, they are all like mad scientists.

Have you heard of Pinko bags ? Lovely tote bags from Italy with Pinko Bag in sequins on the side, just got one this week from my sister in Milan.

coraline said:
The nice Armani people in BT wil give you a little sample bottle of the Luminous Skin if you ask, 3 or 4 days worth to see if you like it, or as the girl said, 3 faces worth, which I thought was a strange way of putting it...

My latest quandary is sunscreen, after reading a scary article about the evil ageing effects of the sun. I use SPF 15 moisturiser but now thinking this is not enough seeing as I have very pale skin. Do any of you wear sunscreen and if so whats a good one ? What factor ?
Do you apply before or after moisturiser, and do you have to wait ages than before putting on foundation ? Does it not make your face greasy ? Help...

Oooh, that's what you use? You do have really good skin to begin with, but were you wearing that the last time I saw you? Because if you were, your skin was looking fabulous. I couldn't actually tell if it looked MORE fabulous than usual because I hadn't seen you in a while, but you get the point.

I use Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster. It's SPF30 and you can wear it on its own, with moisturiser, or, as I sometimes do, with another moisture booster. My foundation has one in it anyway (Yves St LAurent stuff that's really quite nice and light), but it's only SPF 8, and I don't reckon that's enough. I don't burn easily at all, but I do get these big splodges of freckles in the summer, and they make me look like a freak, so I have to use lots of SPF. Plus, I do not want to look like I have a face like a dog's chew toy by the time I'm 40.

jane said:
Oooh, that's what you use? You do have really good skin to begin with, but were you wearing that the last time I saw you? Because if you were, your skin was looking fabulous. I couldn't actually tell if it looked MORE fabulous than usual because I hadn't seen you in a while, but you get the point.

I use Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster. It's SPF30 and you can wear it on its own, with moisturiser, or, as I sometimes do, with another moisture booster. My foundation has one in it anyway (Yves St LAurent stuff that's really quite nice and light), but it's only SPF 8, and I don't reckon that's enough. I don't burn easily at all, but I do get these big splodges of freckles in the summer, and they make me look like a freak, so I have to use lots of SPF. Plus, I do not want to look like I have a face like a dog's chew toy by the time I'm 40.

Hey thanks !!
The Dermalogica sunscreen seems like just what I need, must check it out.
I am plagued by freckles every summer too, making me look like an 8 year old. Of course when I'm moaning about them my mother always says they're "only lovely" and what am I complaining about :)
Conor last summer tried to clean a freckle off my cheek cos he thought it was dirt .....:mad:

Bitches - this blog, it is gonna happen. I have been in talks with an interested party (my sister) and we had a summit (lunch) today to discuss. More soon. Oh yes.

cool! Hurrah, new project!

jane said:
OMG I CANNOT WAIT.

I will happily pass on any interesting tips or discoveries to you.

VIVA COSMETICS!

www.dailycandy.com is americaaaaaain but has some good products listed

coraline said:

kirstie said:
cool! Hurrah, new project!

The thought of this new blog actually made me GIDDY yesterday.

I mean, one of the problems with relying on US blogs or UK ones is that you can't always get the stuff in Ireland, or if you can, it's just insanely expensive (see: youknowhere on Clarendon St).

Ooh, I'm sure you've already thought of loads of things, and maybe you've thought of this, but you could have a 'household products' section, which highlighted the cosmetic/cleansing/moisturising potential of basic household goods. Like putting plain honey on the face and teabags on the eyes and suchlike, but more like the lesser known stuff, or tips like what teabags work best and why.

Yay!

Also, Dexta, I saw! You sent me a picture! But I only remembered when I saw your post because I was asleep when I got your message, and sometimes I check messages when I'm asleep and when I wake up, I don't realise that I did such a thing. It looks awesome!

Super Dexta said:
i just cut about eight inches off my hair and chucked a load of bleach in it. i'm such a student.

deadly. did it work? ive always thought about bleaching my dreads but i dont want them to go orange. how long do ya leave it in for etc?

yes yes! we have that one down - home remedies! My mum used to make loads of stuff from witch hazel and whatnot so I shall be pumping her for more info, she has gone off to the Listowel writers fest so that'll have to wait till she comes back. The domain has been registered though!

Get this.

it's to BE ANNOUNCED Because the domain registry evidently didn't understand my instructions! GAH

sometimes I am so clever I kill myself.

I was just thinking of youknowwhere this morning, and actually I've never been into it! Bizarre I know, but it's quite intimidating.

jane said:
The thought of this new blog actually made me GIDDY yesterday.

I mean, one of the problems with relying on US blogs or UK ones is that you can't always get the stuff in Ireland, or if you can, it's just insanely expensive (see: youknowhere on Clarendon St).

Ooh, I'm sure you've already thought of loads of things, and maybe you've thought of this, but you could have a 'household products' section, which highlighted the cosmetic/cleansing/moisturising potential of basic household goods. Like putting plain honey on the face and teabags on the eyes and suchlike, but more like the lesser known stuff, or tips like what teabags work best and why.

Yay!

Also, Dexta, I saw! You sent me a picture! But I only remembered when I saw your post because I was asleep when I got your message, and sometimes I check messages when I'm asleep and when I wake up, I don't realise that I did such a thing. It looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back