ladies, does this shit really happen often?? (1 Viewer)

I'm really surprised by all the comments about being surprised. My last office had such a group, which was a combination between Weight Watchers and a pool, but unlike the first post in this thread, it was top secret and you had to be invited to join. I never really gave it a second thought. Would people be as surprised if the email wasn't addressed to the whole office?

that email HAS to be a joke. no way this happens in real life.
the email's probably bull alright, but it's not unheard of for workplaces to have weight loss things - not competitions per se. I worked for a jewellery concession company once and one of the stores I worked in had a chart on the wall in the canteen saying how much weight people had lost. It was more of a motivation thing than a competition. I doubt most places would actually have a competition, that's not fair or healthy.

We're having a 'Greasiest, Spottiest Fucker' competition this week and next week we're all being examined for deformities and the most grotesque will be the office mascot for the week. It's to motivate us.

don't eat anything white oprah says. and don't bother eating after 7.30 pm

oprah-uncensored.jpg

i think she's onto something

the email's probably bull alright, but it's not unheard of for workplaces to have weight loss things - not competitions per se. I worked for a jewellery concession company once and one of the stores I worked in had a chart on the wall in the canteen saying how much weight people had lost. It was more of a motivation thing than a competition. I doubt most places would actually have a competition, that's not fair or healthy.

real.

Today the accountant and I are having a "who can talk to themselves the most" competition - she's winning, but only on a technicality, apparently humming, whistling and singing don't count.

Today the accountant and I are having a "who can talk to themselves the most" competition - she's winning, but only on a technicality, apparently humming, whistling and singing don't count.
Is she addicted to chewing too gum like all accountants?

I used to talk to myself alot when I worked.

Do you know some people get upset when they hear things like "fucking shit why wont this curse o jusus fucking cunty bollix fucking balance" being muttered from the corner.

Is she addicted to chewing too gum like all accountants?

Do you know some people get upset when they hear things like "fucking shit why wont this curse o jusus fucking cunty bollix fucking balance" being muttered from the corner.

No, she doesn't chew gum... but she talks with pens in her mouth a lot. And I frequently end up ignoring questions until she yells at me because I have learned to zone her out and just assume she's still mumbling away to herself.

I find I curse a lot more on days that she's in the office... I'm not really sure what that's about.

No, she doesn't chew gum... but she talks with pens in her mouth a lot. And I frequently end up ignoring questions until she yells at me because I have learned to zone her out and just assume she's still mumbling away to herself.
I have to have metal pens cause I chew plastic ones. I must have cost everyone I ever work for a fortune in bic biros. (and in lost time on the internet but that doesnt count)

And by chew I mean eat.

I find I curse a lot more on days that she's in the office... I'm not really sure what that's about.

Accountants will do that to you.

A girl I worked with told me her Ma had noticed she was using very choice language at home and she reckoned it was from sitting across from me all day listening to me effing and blinding.

And by chew I mean eat.

I eat pens too. Have had a lot of inky mouth disasters in my day.

A girl I worked with told me her Ma had noticed she was using very choice language at home and she reckoned it was from sitting across from me all day listening to me effing and blinding.

did you tell her to grow up up and get her own place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back