ladies, does this shit really happen often?? (3 Viewers)

So if someone weighs 150lbs. and loses 15 lbs, that would mean that she lost 10% of her body weight. If someone weighs 180lbs, they would have to lose 18lbs to lose the same 10% of body fat.

That's a blunder anyways...The first person is losing 10% of body weight, while the second is losing 10% of body fat

if you dont go for a crap for a week prior to weigh in youd be sorted. theres ten pounds of shit for you to lose right away

A common occurrence among the extremely skinny anorexic folk is that you sprout more body hair than is normal. I think it's due in part to your body trying to keep itself warm, but I also think it's down to the depletion of female hormones. We all have hairy bodies, it's just that anorexics get a bit more furry than they were meant to be.

anorexia nervosa, when weight loss has become extreme, leads to the growth of lanugo hair: which is a type of body hair - a kind of fur - which the human body only grows during starvation, when fat has run out, it acts as the body's insulation.

anorexia nervosa, when weight loss has become extreme, leads to the growth of lanugo hair: which is a type of body hair - a kind of fur - which the human body only grows during starvation, when fat has run out, it acts as the body's insulation.

Now theres a dinner party icebreaker.

Heres a picture of Karen Carpenter waiting to go on stage before one of her last ever performances. Notice she's too weak to stand.

chewbacca.jpg

having a weight loss competition in work????? retarded.

i remember once one of the photpgraphers in work came up to me and said point blank: "you're really fat now"

oh yeah? you know what?? FUCK YOU.

such a prick. people should endeavour to lead healthy lifestyles, that's it. at the end of the day we're all different shapes and sizes but a slong as you take care of your body, well that's all you can do really.

and i have a problem with 'weight' loss. you should be aiming at 'fat' loss - that's what you want to burn. weight loss means muscle too, you dont wanna be losing that.

what an odd thing to send around an office though.

having a weight loss competition in work????? retarded.

i remember once one of the photpgraphers in work came up to me and said point blank: "you're really fat now"

oh yeah? you know what?? FUCK YOU.

such a prick. people should endeavour to lead healthy lifestyles, that's it. at the end of the day we're all different shapes and sizes but a slong as you take care of your body, well that's all you can do really.

and i have a problem with 'weight' loss. you should be aiming at 'fat' loss - that's what you want to burn. weight loss means muscle too, you dont wanna be losing that.

what an odd thing to send around an office though.
what's a slong?

So if someone weighs 150lbs. and loses 15 lbs, that would mean that she lost 10% of her body weight. If someone weighs 180lbs, they would have to lose 18lbs to lose the same 10% of body fat.

That's a blunder anyways...The first person is losing 10% of body weight, while the second is losing 10% of body fat

c'mon, it's hardly suprising that anyone who thinks this is a good idea has difficulty telling the difference between weight and fat.

i'd kill them, anyway. possibly literally, unless there was a more bureaucratic attack possible through HR.

Well, I know lots of women who all decided to go and join weight watchers together and egg one another on... so I guess it's not much of a stretch to imagine people making a competition out of it.

it's a massive leap. i think many people joining weight watchers provide support to one another, like the group's intended to do, in the same way that people might find comfort or strength in anyone else who's in a similar position - addiction, bereavement, chronic illness, even something (generally) positive like pregnancy or being a new parent. many people can be mutually supportive without it turning into a contest and can deal with occasional envy in a healthy way - i think it's preposterous to draw a connection between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back