Kuyt For Pool (2 Viewers)

we've a brazilian left back, two lightning fast wingers, spain's best playmaker, holland's top striker, and stevie g. i'm pretty excited.

cover at the back is paletta and agger, both have looked very promising long-term replacements for sami and, eventually, carra.
Hollands top striker?
What about these?
Huntelaar
Van Persie
Van Nistelrooy

:rolleyes:

Hollands top striker?
What about these?
Huntelaar
Van Persie
Van Nistelrooy

:rolleyes:

yeah Janer by Holland he means the Dutch League and by 'top striker' he means the most goals.

none of your 'i left school at six' guff as a response either!

take your arse-ray specs off janer...that van persie has a lot to prove yet.

kuyt looked the real deal today. nice

Aye, he impressed when he came on...showed a real urgency and he paired well with Bellamy, with Kuyt sitting in that gap between midfield and striker.

Good game from the Pool after Zamora's fluky goal...spurred them on and totally dominated the game...2-1 was a little flattering for the hammers.

Dirk Kuyt has been named Holland's Player of the Year at a ceremony hosted in his native country by the Dutch FA. After a barnstorming second-half debut at home to West Ham on Saturday, the new Liverpool No.18 flew home to join up with the national side and attend the prestigious awards gala where he was presented with the Golden Boot award.

The award was recognition for the former Feyenoord striker being voted the best player in the Dutch league. Kuyt beat off strong competition from fellow international Philip Cocu and AZ full-back Tim de Cler.

Dirk Kuyt has been named Holland's Player of the Year at a ceremony hosted in his native country by the Dutch FA. After a barnstorming second-half debut at home to West Ham on Saturday, the new Liverpool No.18 flew home to join up with the national side and attend the prestigious awards gala where he was presented with the Golden Boot award.

The award was recognition for the former Feyenoord striker being voted the best player in the Dutch league. Kuyt beat off strong competition from fellow international Philip Cocu and AZ full-back Tim de Cler.

"Barnstorming???" did you write this report yourself Trev. Gotta admit the boy looks eager

you know, i just don't get the whole kuyt thing. i've seen him play a fair amount of games now (for holland/feyenoord/liverpool) and he hasnt convinced me at all...i just don't like him as a player even though he obviously has potential (after all he did score lots of goals for feyenoord...but, bar a couple of teams, the dutch league is hardly world class now is it)...someone like van persie (who is the natural successor to mr. 'footballing genius' bergkamp) would get my juices flowing more than kuyt.

i just hope the english league is a bit more competitive this season...and if kuyt can help raise liverpool to the next level (and my gut feeling says he wont) all credit to the kuyt.

on a completely unrelated note, i wish batistuta had played in england. that would have been something.

Kuyt looked pretty useful for the 'pool against the Hammers. Only 30 mins or so though. Still, the fans were really behind him and he looked intelligent, which is something new following the last few high profile strikers - Diouf, Cisse, Heskey Collywobble.

Kuyt looked pretty useful for the 'pool against the Hammers. Only 30 mins or so though. Still, the fans were really behind him and he looked intelligent, which is something new following the last few high profile strikers - Diouf, Cisse, Heskey Collywobble.
itellegent eh? would anyone in mensa sport that kind of comedy barnet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back