kiss greeting in the workplace (1 Viewer)

I don't do kissing with my superiors in work at all but as I work with foreigners, I too,have caught the kissing bug(not swine flu before anyone mentions it).

I tend to always kiss friends on the cheek when I meet them and have kissed my Thumpeders I've met, especially bands I've played with. I always go in for a single kiss on the left cheek and never thought it was weird until someone mentioned it to me recently that it is not a typically Irish thing to do and that maybe people feel weird about it.

Which I guess makes me a feeler.

Which is fine by me.

I think a kiss on the cheek is a really nice way to be affectionate towards someone. Sometimes a hug can be way more intense. Fake hugs are terrible too. Kissing in work is odd though. Certainly in a hospital anyway, except maybe for the cute med students...

I think a kiss on the cheek is a really nice way to be affectionate towards someone. Sometimes a hug can be way more intense. Fake hugs are terrible too. Kissing in work is odd though. Certainly in a hospital anyway, except maybe for the cute med students...

I prefer a kiss on the cheek to a hug any day.All that full body contact can be weird...at times.... I think a kiss is a nice way of showing affection and friendliness too.It's certainly preferable to a handshake anyway. My rule is shake hands first time, everything after that is a kiss on the cheek if I like you.

I prefer a kiss on the cheek to a hug any day.All that full body contact can be weird...at times.... I think a kiss is a nice way of showing affection and friendliness too.It's certainly preferable to a handshake anyway. My rule is shake hands first time, everything after that is a kiss on the cheek if I like you.

I concur!
My boss and her husband are coming to a gig I'm playing at tonight, first time meeting outside work. Hope the greetings go well. And that no one asks her if there are pills going around.

kissing the air would be ridiculous, believe me, i have actually been to france. the trick is to to do it delicately so that it is brief and not too intimate. not in work though.
jaysus i was in france for a couple of months there last year, any evening out i used to have a fucking rash on me cheek from the fashionable stubble all the young fellas were sporting.

didyouknow1998_8.jpg

she's back, the kiss greeting english head honcho woman. just met her and i fired out the arm straight away, shake accepted, no awkwardness.

froog 1, social awkwardness 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back