kiss greeting in the workplace (3 Viewers)

What about a big elaborate bow and a respectful kiss on the hand?

It worked for the Musketeers

Greetings are something I think should be written down as law so we all know where we stand and about 15647 awkward moments per life can be avoided.

Polish lads shake each other's hand everytime they meet, even if they saw one another just a short time ago. I'd be happy with a mandatory handshake, I think. Having attended several soirées in Paris, I can say with great certainty that the French way is ridiculous. Takes a bloody age to come in and go out.

???
simpsons_handshake.jpg

Greetings are something I think should be written down as law so we all know where we stand and about 15647 awkward moments per life can be avoided.

Polish lads shake each other's hand everytime they meet, even if they saw one another just a short time ago. I'd be happy with a mandatory handshake, I think. Having attended several soirées in Paris, I can say with great certainty that the French way is ridiculous. Takes a bloody age to come in and go out.

i'd forgotten how long it takes. apparently in different regions there are different standards. par example, in paree you might kiss each cheek once, in grenoble you might give two to each cheek. a friend told me there is a region where each cheek must be kissed six times, a report that stretches credulity to its limits. the men also kiss if they know each other well. i also like the common handshake, although again, the french take it to an extreme and will go out of their way to shake your hand when a simple wave would have sufficed.

I would'nt wanna give Dave the plasterer in my work a kiss.He's a fucking gypo.Don't even like looking at him tbh.

I hate kiss greetings.They make me feel like a pratt.Even if I instigate them.

If you extend the handshake hand during the kiss greeting you can "inadvertently" stick your hand right between the kissers thighs. You have to be a fair bit taller than the kisser to pull this one off but if you do they will either
A. never kiss greet you again

or

B. Have sex with you at the office christmas party

win win.

You know that Curb Your Enthusiasm thing, 'stop n chats?' Well I reckon there are 'kiss n hugs' too, those awkward situations where you don't know whether to hug or kiss...

One of my best friends works with loads of European people so most of her friends at house parties etc are from Italy, France, Holland, etc etc - all those kissy countries. And they ALL kiss DIFFERENTLY!! Some do two kisses, some three. Some start on the left cheek, some on the right. But I cannot remember which country does which.
Plus none of them are remotely ugly. And they always kiss goodbye. I always, always get it wrong and sort of go to hug them then realise they want to kiss, then go for the wrong cheek, so nearly bump heads, then it gets all awkward....worst bit is when they go for a third kiss. Sake. It should be outlawed...grumble....

You know that Curb Your Enthusiasm thing, 'stop n chats?' Well I reckon there are 'kiss n hugs' too, those awkward situations where you don't know whether to hug or kiss...

One of my best friends works with loads of European people so most of her friends at house parties etc are from Italy, France, Holland, etc etc - all those kissy countries. And they ALL kiss DIFFERENTLY!! Some do two kisses, some three. Some start on the left cheek, some on the right. But I cannot remember which country does which.
Plus none of them are remotely ugly. And they always kiss goodbye. I always, always get it wrong and sort of go to hug them then realise they want to kiss, then go for the wrong cheek, so nearly bump heads, then it gets all awkward....worst bit is when they go for a third kiss. Sake. It should be outlawed...grumble....

If you go for the wrong cheek just tilt your head and go for a full on "kiss" kiss. it's always great watching them squirm backwards and hide behind their significant other who runs to the security and you have to leave the library without your copy of Crash. Deadly

ok so if they all have their own kiss greeting thing then I should be well within my rights to just step back and stick to the shake. Except is she's hot obviously.

i greet all my work mates by painting my face like a demon, flying in on wires, breathing fire and sticking out my unusually large tongue at them

In Moscow, men kiss each other full on the lips. Like, walking down the street - you see a friend, you kiss him on the lips. But they don't kiss the women.

Me, I'm all for the kissing so long as it's sincere. Or sexy. When the kisses are going round in work they tend to pass over me. Those are political kisses.

I don't kiss work colleagues, but I always put an "x" after my name at the end of every e-mail.

A bit like Malcolm X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back