Keane joins Celtic (2 Viewers)

I find it hard to stomach all the anti Keane sentiment on here. He's fucking brilliant.

Just gave you an 'informative' there to try to get the full complement.

Say hello to Gajinder Keane

image.jpg

Last edited:
The book sounds hilarious

Who's in Charge

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that shit off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace. Fuckin’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

Roy Keane on … Abba, Robbie Savage, Ellis Short and Pablo Couñago | Football | The Guardian

The book sounds hilarious

Who's in Charge

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that shit off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace. Fuckin’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

Roy Keane on … Abba, Robbie Savage, Ellis Short and Pablo Couñago | Football | The Guardian

1 and 2 had me in stitches. brilliant stuff

New Roy Keane Book Openly Criticises Cramped Conditions In Mother’s Womb | Waterford Whispers News

-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Roy Keane Book Openly Criticises Cramped Conditions In Mother’s Womb
October 7, 2014

ROY KEANE’S new autobiography is set to dominate the back pages of newspapers and much office chatter as details of his book slowly emerge ahead of its publication this Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled Everybody Is A Prick Except Me, largely focuses on the later years of his playing career bringing the reader right up to 2014 and Keane’s role as both Ireland and Aston Villa assistant manager.

One detour from this formula sees the Cork man discuss one of his earliest childhood memories – being stuck in a cramped womb.

“Very little planning went in to the whole construction obviously. You’re talking about a bodily process that has seen billions born throughout the history of mankind and here I am, a future United captain, struggling for room to fully stretch out my legs,” reads the opening of the third chapter of Keane’s book.

“You’ve what? Nine months to really plan it, make changes, adjustments, Jesus even get a decent light in the place but they didn’t and by the time I was born I had plenty to say to my parents about it. My first words were ‘amateur hour’ and ‘I’m disappointed in you’”.

Keane’s book, which is sure to be a best seller, also covers much of his time away from the game post-retirement.

“I had played at the highest level and never really had an opportunity to enjoy some time off,” Keane says as he details the year he spent traveling the world in an attempt to see some of the world’s greatest cultural sites and feats of human achievement.

“Visited the Sistine Chapel, boring. Shit technique for a painter if we’re being honest. The Pyramids, built too far out of town with poor public services, fecking sand everywhere. Gaudí’s Cathedral…the prick never bothered to finish it like…” Keane goes on like this for close to four chapters.

Keane’s ghostwriter, Roddy Doyle, revealed to WWN that the experience was arduous at times.

“I wrestled with Roy on the number of character assassinations he should put in the book,” explained Doyle, “but in the end he got his way and the bit about Ghandi being ‘fucking useless in a street fight’ stayed in.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy's a prick though

Nah. Roy's a fucking legend.

Steve Coppell was managing Reading, and he had a couple of lads working with him, Wally Downes and
Kevin Dillon. I looked across at their dugout, and Kevin Dillon was looking back across, calling me a
wanker.
I go, ‘What – me?’
He goes, ‘Yeah – yeah. You’re always on at the fucking referee.’..........

I walked into Steve’s office. Wally Downes was there, and their director of football, Nick Hammond.
Kevin Dillon was sitting down.
I go, ‘Well done, lads – well done.’
Wally was right in front of me, and I said, ‘Wally, do you always shake players’ hands after you’ve
just beaten them?’
And he goes, ‘Yeah, Roy – yeah, yeah.’
And, as I was talking to Wally, Kevin Dillon stood up, and goes, ‘Don’t you come in here and—’
I grabbed him, got his head on the table, pulled his tie up.
‘I’m fuckin’ warning you—’
Nick Hammond grabbed me.
‘What are you doing?!’
‘You fuckin’—’
‘Get out of our office!’
I went, ‘Fuck yis, anyway.’
Dillon said, ‘What are you having a go at me for? I’m a Sunderland man.’
I went, ‘Fuck you.’
And I walked out.

:D

Nah. Roy's a fucking legend.

Steve Coppell was managing Reading, and he had a couple of lads working with him, Wally Downes and
Kevin Dillon. I looked across at their dugout, and Kevin Dillon was looking back across, calling me a
wanker.
I go, ‘What – me?’
He goes, ‘Yeah – yeah. You’re always on at the fucking referee.’..........

I walked into Steve’s office. Wally Downes was there, and their director of football, Nick Hammond.
Kevin Dillon was sitting down.
I go, ‘Well done, lads – well done.’
Wally was right in front of me, and I said, ‘Wally, do you always shake players’ hands after you’ve
just beaten them?’
And he goes, ‘Yeah, Roy – yeah, yeah.’
And, as I was talking to Wally, Kevin Dillon stood up, and goes, ‘Don’t you come in here and—’
I grabbed him, got his head on the table, pulled his tie up.
‘I’m fuckin’ warning you—’
Nick Hammond grabbed me.
‘What are you doing?!’
‘You fuckin’—’
‘Get out of our office!’
I went, ‘Fuck yis, anyway.’
Dillon said, ‘What are you having a go at me for? I’m a Sunderland man.’
I went, ‘Fuck you.’
And I walked out.

:D
If you had a mate like that, you'd despair. And then you'd stop being their mate. Then you'd hear a story like this and sigh, long and hard. It was funny when we were 14, you'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back