Karaoke Conundrum (2 Viewers)

I stuck it out to the end... to the bloody bitter end...

I wouldn't mind but showing I had learnt nothing in the past 7 minutes I sat down and gleefully punched in the code for 'Hey Jude'... what the fuck is my problem?
You'd better not try and pull that shit next Friday.

My recent highlights include 'killing in the name of' and a beautiful rendition of 'no scrubs' with rampz.

i sang 'like a virgin' dressed as Madonna at my mate's fancy dress 21st. I was quite drunk and I got quite into it...in front of all his family..it's a shame that never dies..

girls just wanna have fun- cyndi lauper
union city blues-blondie
better the devil you know-kylie
brass in pocket-the pretenders.

all songs ive done at karaoke totally pissed without a note in my head,best fun ever.go for it hayworth.|..|

it HAS to be suzanne vega, as if you need ask hayworth!

i reckon marlene on the wall would be a better option than luka. the fast pace of the lyrics would hold attention while being simple enough to perform at the same time. what a deadly song that was. my first gig ever was suzanne vega in the national stadium on may 2nd 1990 on her days of open hand tour.

You could get some poor fool to duet to Don't You Want me by the Human League since the girls only have about 10 seconds of singing in that song

myself and desertedvillage sang "always on my mind" as a duet once. during the instrumental break we played feedback solos by holding the mics up to the pa, much to the irritation of everyone.

clearly you're not drunk enough

I always pick overly long complicated hard songs that by the second verse have everyone bored to tears... i.e. Novemember Rain... but the main thing is to be so drunk you don't care/remember

we had family karaoke for new years eve last year and i sang all of bohemian rhapsody, from start to finish. not pleasant for anyone.

im very shy too but with a few drinks karaoke is a bit of a laugh. when i lived in france we used to go a bit but french people took it far too seriously and actually wanted to listen to the singers whereas i just like to sing for the fun of it and then guzzle more beer. one lad stopped in the middle of the europop ballad he was singing one night and shouted 'SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP and we were asked not to go back again

I've only been to karoke twice, with about 10 years in between. First time was "Summer Lovin" with a group of guys and girls.

The second time I attempted Eternal Flame by The Bangles. I was really nervous so it took me a little while to get into it. My cousin's asshole boyfriend was the MC which didn't help my nerves at all. In hindsight I should have had more to drink and told him what I thought of him before I started .|..|

kickin in the door of that karaoke booth next door..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i gotta say it, no singstar songs at the karaoke bar!
as fun as they are, done em all a million times already
bon-ga have a decent selection - they have yngwie
malmsteen and loads of judas preist for some reason.

'Rosanna' is a good un...'africa' tears it up on queue
everytime. 'whip it' was probably the most fun i done.

i could sing about the first two lines of this and then it's all over

it'll probably look a little like this

Sid Vicious's version of My Way, or any Sex Pistols tune, is great for anyone who can't really sing.

My speciality is My Boyfriend's Back, first verse and chorus in demure Angels style, then breaking into the shouty Alice Donut versio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back