Karaoke Conundrum (3 Viewers)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Okay, I have been dragged to various karaoke nights in the past but I NEVER sang. Lately, it seems like it's creeping up again as "the cool night out on the town" but I have a total fear of it. Even with alcohol, I would never get up and sing even when begged. I was talking with a friend the other day about this and I figure if I get up once... then I wouldn't be hassled anymore. So I need a stock song to have practiced for such occasions.

Criteria: Popular enough to be on most karaoke lists and possible to be preformed by a tone deaf monotone cat in heat.

Some ideas I have had:

We didn't start the fire -- Billy Joel
I used to know this by heart, not by choice. It was always on the only radio station I could get when I was growing up. However, it is mostly just shouting rather than singing.

It's the end of the world -- REM
Again, just kind of shouting.

Parents just don't understand -- Fresh Prince
It would be funny and is talk/rap.

Luca -- Susanne Vega
I sing it every time I hear it, it is one of theose that get stuck in my head. I might be able to pull off the soft girl voice although it would be monotone.

Back on the chain gang -- Pretenders
I would only want to do back-up though.

Give me some ideas or tell me your stock song. Bonus points if I get to swear in the song...."Kick out the jams....motherfuckers!'

what kind of person goes to karaoke and doesn't sing?
at least you seem to be righting yourself.

doing "in dreams" by roy orbison is a total party killer.
i can tell you that much.

Stand and Deliver/Prince Charming - pretty much just talking and shouting

Rock me Amadeus- It's in a different language so no-one will notice

I Know what Boys Like - more talking

brilliant! i was going to start a thread abotuthis today myself as i have a karaoke birthday thing coming up im going to and need ideas.

oh - and it HAS to be suzanne vega, as if you need ask hayworth!

Well if you don't/can't sing, then something spoken/shouty would be a good thing to go for. Having said that, most of the fun of Karaoke is people who can't sing getting up!
Anyway - End of the World would be good;great chorus which you can encourage the audience to sing and you can have fun with it coz its so rapid fire, delivery wise.
I've always wanted to do Bowie's Rebel Rebel......

On another note - Remember the Strawberry Alarm Clock anti-Spire jingle to the tune of "We didn't start the fire" -
We didn't want the Spire
It's a great big po-el
Shove it up yur ho-el
hehe.

I sang Blue Monday in front of a crowd before. Bad idea. 3 minutes of dancing, then 2 minutes of singing, then back to dancing.

whatever you do, don't sing 'more than a feeling'

i see my marianne walking awaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*puff*
*puff*
*faint*

You could get some poor fool to duet to Don't You Want me by the Human League since the girls only have about 10 seconds of singing in that song

-anything by Bonnie Tyler
-I know him so well-Barbara Dickson and Elaine Paige
-Walk the Line by Johnny Cash
-Wake me up before you go-go-Wham!

All karaoke classics when you are horrendously langered..just make sure no one takes any video evidence and you'll be grand..

Owt by Blondie or Pet Shop Boys is handy enough for beginners-once you get the bug though you'll be wanting to tackle Kate Bush.

Booze helps of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back