John and Edward (1 Viewer)

apart from your man daniel or however he spells it they're all shite. he annoys me but at least he can sing. cowell definitely just looking for controversy and publicity after last night, so sick of it now. can't wait for next week tho :p

Joe is a pretty good singer. Seems reasonably sound too. Wots the theme for next week?

The twins are bringing in viewers and thats all cowell cares about as it translates to money for him. Hence he kept them in. This year is really just demonstrating so much more than ever how vulnerable people are in that show and how you're literally dropped in seconds and forgotten about. I think its because they've removed the sob stories element from it.

The twins are bringing in viewers and thats all cowell cares about as it translates to money for him. Hence he kept them in.

that's such a tedious argument, it's just making the assumption that it's all a conspiracy, it's all controlled by Simon, he controls the votes and knows everything that's going on and we're all mindless idiots.

Which may well be the case but you can't go anywhere with it.

This year is really just demonstrating so much more than ever how vulnerable people are in that show and how you're literally dropped in seconds and forgotten about. I think its because they've removed the sob stories element from it.

well yeah, it's an exploitative show but, once again, it's generally a given that you know this when you watch it

Cowell makes money because he knows how to manipulate people. It's braindead feel good tv. It's strategically on at a time when people generally are in with a chinese or pizza and a bottle of wine etc so are in a good mood. Hence you're in the mood to vote and spend money. I bet if it was on during the week it wouldn't have nearly as many viewers or people voting.

Don't get me wrong, I watch it myself. But it really is very obvious this year how forumulated the whole thing is

True, but it's light entertainment. Light entertainment is light entertainment is light entertainment.

My only real problem with the show is it's amazing ability to churn out such rubbish popstars with absolutely nothing to say about the world.
But then I don't buy their albums so it doesn't really affect me.

I don't know if it will have a long lasting affect on the world, maybe people who can't rememeber a pop-world before these shows will have a skewed idea of what music is and should be. Having said that, a certain member of Duran Duran just wrote an article about the amazingly varied types of music young people listen to these days. Plus, it's not like talent shows didn't exist before......

eh, yeah. go Jedward!

Dang I thought jamie was gonna go. If he was a match I would strike him...

image-9-for-x-factor-the-final-24-contestants-gallery-794092535.jpg

TWAT.

Next week's theme is suffering or misery or both.

I bet if it was on during the week it wouldn't have nearly as many viewers or people voting.

you can say that about every show thats on friday and saturday night. As for the pizza/ good mood strategy, its on a prime time slot because its popular. Its not gonna be on any later because of its younger audience and any earlier for people who work

thanks CB!! anticipating the backlash now... whatever that is.

If I was Jedward I'd be wondering when the forward lash starts. Still it's great to watch middle aged folk hurl abuse at teenagers. They represent every cocky little shite they have to deal with during the week and then Billy Cassidy a 43 year old bus driver from Leeds gets his chance to go sit in the x factor audience and give back to society by taking out his frustrations by booing and verbally busing two talentless little twats. Long live X factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back