joanna newsom on the radio (1 Viewer)

New songs sounded great at ATP so I'm really really looking forward to this. When's it coming out?

It's different alright.. I'm a bit let down by it, on the first few listens. The odd string arrangments make it sound like some kind of 1950s Disney film. I don't know if her songs really work as well with the 10-17 minute track length, she's obviously shooting for the most grandiose epic thing ever but the songs don't seem to have the same spark to them as the first album.. Maybe it'll grow on me. I like the third track (Sawdust & Diamonds) a lot though, partly because it's just harp & vocals.

what he said! need more time with it.

i dont much like her voice, sounds a little too essentrically contrived for my liking (that sad, i have no problems with david tibet's voice, so its just a matter of preference). she is absolutely gorgeous though, hottest gelfling ever.

i read that its out on sept 29th. its called 'Ys' . i looked for everywhere online but cant find it. i remember the new songs at atp blew me away. i was up the front and nearly shot my load.

Having trouble getting into this too. The length of the songs is a problem as they tend to lose focus, and her vocal range seems stretched on a few tracks. Having said this, it's sounding better today so yeah, grower status is quite probable.

p.s. anyone who found the first record irritating stay away from this.

Having trouble getting into this too. The length of the songs is a problem as they tend to lose focus, and her vocal range seems stretched on a few tracks. Having said this, it's sounding better today so yeah, grower status is quite probable.

p.s. anyone who found the first record irritating stay away from this.

yea i found it a bit head-wrecking on first listen.sounds like whoever arranged the strings, didn't bother listening to the songs and just tagged them on later.also the songs are too long.she's still got the voice though, and i must give it more listens.

The first time I heard her (quite recently) made me jump up and check who it was immediately. Halfway through the song I became intensely annoyed at her voice, and for about a minute it was like being buggered with a cactus. Then I started to listen to the lyrics, and finally began liking her voice again. That kind of thing often happens to me, but not usually in the space of a single song. And boy howdy, is she hot.

new album is excelent. 'Emily' is a beautiful song, i love the meteorite, meteoroid lyrics bit.

and Stan, she's shit hot in the flesh. we saw her in the bar at ATP & Hermie's gf was the first of us to say 'there's only one thing better than her face & that's her arse'.
it's true. bumtastic

Meh, you'd break her in two if you gave her a good seeing too. She looks like an elf for fucks sake. You people are weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back